F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13' F150 FX2 - SCREW. AFE Intercooler - Charge Pipes - Stage 2 Intake - Downpipes - Unleashed Tune
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my truck is 13k miles old but new to me. It won't shift into 6 the unless I switch to tow/haul mode and manually shift to 6th. It will occasionally drop into 6th at about 75 mph. Anyone else had this issue? I have an appointment next week but just want some headsup
thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
It happy to me once, but when I shut it off and turned it back on at the dealership, it went away
and did not set off any codes

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
My truck has almost 10k and I've had no issues with the trans.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Are you getting up to operating temp? When I leave for work in the morning it takes mine about 10+ miles until the trans is warm enough to come up into 6th.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Did you accidentally hit the down shift button while in auto? I screwed up like that before I figured out what it did.

·
Registered
13' F150 FX2 - SCREW. AFE Intercooler - Charge Pipes - Stage 2 Intake - Downpipes - Unleashed Tune
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I an for sure getting it warm enough, and I have not bumped it accidentally. We have two truck that are identical and one works perfect and mine won't go into sixth. It's strange, I guess I will see what the dealer has to say about it!?

·
Registered
943 Posts
I an for sure getting it warm enough, and I have not bumped it accidentally. We have two truck that are identical and one works perfect and mine won't go into sixth. It's strange, I guess I will see what the dealer has to say about it!?
If I were you, a trip to the dealer would be an extremely high priority!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Did you accidentally hit the down shift button while in auto? I screwed up like that before I figured out what it did.
You may be right, because it has not happened again, and when it did happen there were no error codes

·
Registered
943 Posts
If I were you, a trip to the dealer would be an extremely high priority!
Please let us know what you find out.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
"We couldn't replicate your issue. If you have the problem again, please bring it back for us to look at."

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
"We couldn't replicate your issue. If you have the problem again, please bring it back for us to look at."
Slow your roll. I'm trying to catch up...

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Put your truck in Manual and 6th, see if you can force it into 6th that way.

Also, try letting off you foot and see if that will get your transmission to "upshift". I live in a very hilly aread and occasionally I find my truck seems to be in "too low" of a gear (IMO). When I ease off the accelerator, that usually will cause the tranny to upshift (and then it will hold it that gear).

I found this happened more when the truck was brand new, but now that I am getting some miles on her (4,000 miles now), it happens less often.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Yup, that will be their response unless you can duplicate it yourself ... or give more info.

I always try to replicate it first ... to make sure they can do it (and to help me think what's causing the problem). Unfortunately, with the combination of electronics, sensors and probably some manual parts ... replicating is almost a necessity if you want the dealer to fix it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update: 2 dealers later, the tranny had "lost its programming". They reflashed the computer with all of the new updates and now it magically shifts into sixth gear on its own. I guess some 2013 2 wheel drive Ecos had this issue. Crossing my fingers that the tranny doesn't decide to have a memory loss again anytime in the near future

·
Registered
197 Posts
I found out that while in drive, you can actually toggle the manual shifter, though it
will not change the gears it will make the gear display disappear one by one.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I found out that while in drive, you can actually toggle the manual shifter, though it
will not change the gears it will make the gear display disappear one by one.
You can change gears with the toggle switch also.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
You can change gears with the toggle switch also.
I think he meant in drive. Where you can just lock out gears.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think he meant in drive. Where you can just lock out gears.
+2

I actually thought my 6th gear was missing, but recently found out I inadvertently
hit the gear toggle switch while in drive

·
Registered
523 Posts
Update: 2 dealers later, the tranny had "lost its programming". They reflashed the computer with all of the new updates and now it magically shifts into sixth gear on its own. I guess some 2013 2 wheel drive Ecos had this issue. Crossing my fingers that the tranny doesn't decide to have a memory loss again anytime in the near future
Good to hear the reflash worked. Post back after some time if the reflash fixes it or if the symptom reappears.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts