F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Recently I have noticed a burning smell inside the cab of my 2013 F-150. It seems like it happens mostly after I have put it in reverse or it’s idled for awhile. I have lifted the hood but don’t smell it under the hood. Has anyone else ran into this and found a solution?

thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I kind of have the same thing, I have an oil leak from the vacuum pump and when the heat is on the smell comes in the cab when setting still

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
I was thinking a possible turbo oil leak maybe. Take a peak through the front wheel wells and you should be able to see the turbos and if there is oil on them

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
Recently I have noticed a burning smell inside the cab of my 2013 F-150. It seems like it happens mostly after I have put it in reverse or it’s idled for awhile. I have lifted the hood but don’t smell it under the hood. Has anyone else ran into this and found a solution?

thanks!
I had the same issue. After searching a lot of forums, the one common reply was "how much oil do you have in the system". In a nut shell, if you are overfull, you will get this smell. I checked mine, and sure enough, I was at the top of the hatched area on the the dipstick. Although it was in the "safe" area, I decided to drain some of the oil and check. I removed enough oil to get to the middle of the hatched area. I have not experienced the burning smell since I did this over 3 weeks ago and I was getting this smell almost daily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts