F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what kind of maintenance should be done at 50K? lost my booklets for the truck and dont feel like getting ripped off by the stealership, any suggestion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, well I dont have my book with me but I can tell you at about 50k I installed a catch can, changed the plugs with a fresh set of motorcraft SP580 and new plug boots, put a little dielectric compound in the boot and a small wipe of nickel anti seize on the plugs threads. Gapped them around .029. Some ppl say .032 but fordtechmakuloco on YouTube recommends .028 on the ecoboost and hes a genius so I just tweaked it right between those two. Tell you the truth most gap tools are off by alot, the made in china ones. I have an old made in USA one from my dads toolbox and I trust that one way more. Can double check your gap tool with some digital calipers. Anyway also check out your brake pads and you are probably due for new tires. Check the roof for paint bubbles.

That's really low miles for a 13, congrats. My 12 EB FX4 is also low miles just rolled 75K, it's been really good to me so far. I think worst thing to go out on me was the rear backup camera died. About $120 part but super easy to swap yourself vs the $300+ a dealer will charge you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I just typed in Google "ford owners manual" and came up with this site..

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/owner-manuals.html

Enter your vehicles info and you get a variety of choices from there.

But, in general, when my 13 F150 hit 50,000 miles (it has over 83,000 now) I did the trans, trans case, and rad fluids.

I had changed the plugs at around 25,000 miles the first time. Did them again around 60,000 miles and I guess I am due for another change here soon...

I have since done the rear end gear oil and another trans fluid change.

I have not done any catch can thing or drill a hole in the CAC, but so far so good!

Good luck!

Mitch

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Trans fluid for sure. Even though I believe it’s early to do it. But 50k is easy to remember you did it and over maintenance is no harm. I only have 54k on my 13 and since it’s running like the day I bought it I’m waiting on the plugs. But thinking 60k I’ll do it anyways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts