F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I introduced myself in the "newbie" section but wanted to post up some details of the truck I am looking at and what you guys think I can do for price.

I am looking at a 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost with the 402a package, moon roof, and tailgate step. Asking price is $50,025.36

I do have a trade which is a Ford Fusion SE which I owe 10,000 on, from how it sounded the dealer was willing to pay off the car and said they always need fusions.. he was actually excited about it!

I am looking to get the truck under $42 with tax title, etc... Is it doable?? Dealer said they have 3,000 in rebates right off the top- would have been $4500 but I am not going through Ford Motor for financing.

Anyone know what invoice is on the truck and how much dealer hold back may be?? I'm just wondering how I should negotiate this :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Depends on how much ttl is where you live. In Cali we have places with sales tax over 10%

Certified Internet Warrior. I once ctrl alt del'd a man to death.

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
are you saying you want to get the truck to $42,000 before trade in and downpayment?

My truck stickered for $53000 and had one dealership haggled down to $40,776, ended up going with a more local dealer for the same truck for $43,500 because they were giving me $4K more on trade in on my car. the $43,500 price was the X-Plan pricing I get through work.

I would say its probably within reach but my advice is to tell the dealer that you are looking at the same truck at a dealership on the other side of town and they were gonna beat their price by $2000 dollars. Dealerships play games, don't hesitate to play them back!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are you saying you want to get the truck to $42,000 before trade in and downpayment?

My truck stickered for $53000 and had one dealership haggled down to $40,776, ended up going with a more local dealer for the same truck for $43,500 because they were giving me $4K more on trade in on my car. the $43,500 price was the X-Plan pricing I get through work.

I would say its probably within reach but my advice is to tell the dealer that you are looking at the same truck at a dealership on the other side of town and they were gonna beat their price by $2000 dollars. Dealerships play games, don't hesitate to play them back!
Thanks for the advice! I'll certainly use that card and see how it plays out. I am looking to get the truck down to 42 with tax before trade and down payment hopefully. I have seen 2014s with everything this truck has sell for 42 brand new so I am hoping I can use too.

I took the truck for a drive two weeks ago and I loved it but I am trying to see how desperate they are, the salesman called me today and left a voice mail saying he really would like to get in touch with me to work out a deal on the truck and see what we could do. I am hoping the ball is in my court more considering they sat with it for another two weeks..not to mention the truck has been out front of the dealership on a pedestal too...

·
Registered
99 Posts
My sticker was 52200 and got it for 43600, still didn't finance thru ford. Just stick to your number and if they can't match it walk, you'll get another offer before you reach the door. If they can't match it they may offer add ons.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts