F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked a few times for a level dip stick, was told the trans may be sealed, but I see everyone talking about trans maintenance. I have around 140k ( 2013 Lariat )
Question,
Where the hell is the dip stick ?

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Man, have you searched google or youtube?

passenger side. You need a 19mm wrench i think it was. Pull pan, clean magnet and put in new filter. Fill cold to between the a and b hatch mark.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,
I was sitting waiting for wife and figured I would drop a line. I was looking for a reg old dip stick, but whatever.
Anyone have recommendations on a trans fluid ?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just did mine, got the fluid from the local dealership, mine took mercon LV. I would highly suggest some sort of vaccum pump, pull the dipstick out, suck out a few quarts before you drop the pan, makes for a lot cleaner job. I believe the one I got was like $20 on amazon, I believe I searched for pneumatic brake fluid bleeder. When you drop the pan it should take about 7 - 7.5 quarts back. I also did mine twice as I wasn't sure if it had ever been done and I had 155k on it. I dropped pan, refilled, drove truck around town to get warmed up, dropped pan again and changed filter and refilled again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Lghtnfst, I have like 140k, not sure of maintenance so I am trying to get caught up with the things I can do at home befor heading to the dealer.

·
Registered
560 Posts
You can do it all at home. None of it is very difficult. Visit this guy and he has all the videos you'll need: https://www.youtube.com/user/FordTechMakuloco
I bought most of my Motorcraft fluids from Rock Auto and to do front/rear diffs, transmission fluid & filter and transfer case as well as Permatex for the rear diff cover it was about $140. I also bought a transmission pan with a drain, from Dorman, and it was like $30.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts