F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve done the majority of my mods/upgrades already. So I’ll post pics as I take them, explain what I did, and then once I start more work I’ll update as I go.

I purchased this truck from my father with 58,000mi in December of 2018. Super Clean and I know my old man knows nothing about cars, so he has them dealer maintained.

He did buy it used though, so it’s history prior to him is mostly unknown.

As of today it has 68,000mi, so I don’t do all that much driving.

I do all my own maintenance and installs as long as I have the tools to do it. Otherwise I go to trusted friends, I refuse to pay a dealerships overblown prices. I worked for a dealer and I’ve found a great deal of them (Not All) are crooks. So I’ll only go to a dealer for recall work or if there’s no other option.

2013 F150 XLT 3.5L SCrew. AFE Magnum Force Stage-2 Dual 3-1/2" CAI, Mishimoto Performance Intercooler with Pipes, TurboSmart SP Supersonic BOV Kit , Team RXP Heat Exchanged Dual Catch Can, AEM Coil Packs, SCT/Bully Dog BDX Tuner w/5* Tuning Custom Tunes, AFE Atlas 4" Aluminized Steel Cat-Back

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’ve been going for the ‘Black-Out’ look. So I’m replacing everything I can with flat black or smoked. Only have the Front & Rear Bumpers, Running Boards and Front Grille left to black out. Then get Black Rims. I also plan on having a friend of mine add flat black vinyl accents to break up the bright red.

Front View- Raptor Grille with LEDs, I added the color shifting film to the letters but come warmer weather I’m going to paint the whole grille flat black and add RGBW LED highlights behind the grille. WeatherTech Hood Visor, Stubby Black Antenna, Bully Bar w/ LED Light, Putco Switchback DRLs, Cheap Amazon Black LED Fog Lamps (Have had them for 4 months so far and they are great!!! ), OPT-7 FluxBeam X v2 LED Headlight Bulbs, All Bulbs Throughout The Truck have been replaced with LED’s.

Here are the DRL’s in action

I put the Raptor style fender flares w/ LEDs and WeatherTech Mud Flaps

Mishimoto Performance CAC with pipes, Team RXP Dual Catch Can setup, AFE Dual 3” CAI

Replaced Emblems W/ Flat Black ones and added the SCT badges (Since I use an SCT Tuner)

I’ll post more later...

2013 F150 XLT 3.5L SCrew. AFE Magnum Force Stage-2 Dual 3-1/2" CAI, Mishimoto Performance Intercooler with Pipes, TurboSmart SP Supersonic BOV Kit , Team RXP Heat Exchanged Dual Catch Can, AEM Coil Packs, SCT/Bully Dog BDX Tuner w/5* Tuning Custom Tunes, AFE Atlas 4" Aluminized Steel Cat-Back

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Interior works hasn’t been all that exciting.

Purchased an OEM remote start with 2 keys for $200. Had Home Depot cut the keys. Took maybe 40 min to install but the wire it came with only allowed me to run the antenna half way up the pillar, so I just made a little notch for it to fit. Activated it and the keys using Forscan

I couldn’t believe this thing had no rear defroster, so I installed an aftermarket

Switches for the LED’s in the Bully Bar & Rear Defrost

Wired in a switch for the heated mirrors.

Pillar mounted mechanical boost gauge

CD Slot mount for my tuner and wireless phone charger

Put in a back up camera system. It’s integrated into a license plate holder with distance sensors.

Replaced the plain rear view mirror with a dimming type

Got this arm rest for the drivers side door. It’s a great comfort addition

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Removed the stock 4x4 decals and replaced with these black “Freedom Edition” versions. Also replaced stock tail lights with blackout LED versions.
Installed rear wheel well liners to help protect underside from road salt and grime.

Also replaced 3rd brake light with blackout LED version

Got windows tinted ( still waiting to get ticketed & thank goodness I have a shop that will pass me on inspection) and added vent visors.

Bought EBay towing mirrors. They are ok. A little flimsy, but seem to be holding up. Originally I didn’t have heated mirrors, turn signals or puddle lights. But apparently the puddle lights and turn signals are pre wired, so they just worked. I had to get a module and switch to wire the heated portion separately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts