F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good morning all,

This unit has 101k on the Automatic transmission. The last few months I have been having a shifting issue with this truck. If it sits for a while it hangs in 1st gear. I have to stop, kill the truck and restart it. This seems to fix it for a day or so. I have had a Top rated Transmission guy look at it and claims I do not have an issue. I even had him flush and change the filter. Yet when I left his place it did it again. I have taken this truck to my local FORD Dealership and they ran a diagnostic on this truck and it passed all of the test. I specifically asked them to check the Lead frame and they(the dealership) indicated that it was good.

I have plans to take this truck to a different dealership this morning but wanted to Get yalls opinion on what it could be or at a minimum what questions I need to ask .

UPDATE::: This morning 10-16-21 it through the code P0720.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,807 Posts
Did the stealership also say the TSB has also been done ? It's actually just a TCM flash.

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
63 Posts
surprised the tranny shop did not look at or check your TPS !! if bad voltage form it shifting will not be correct. try resetting it. or I see truck is at dealership now so time will tell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts