F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any anecdotal experience on how accurate the fuel economy calculator is on the dash of my new F150? I'm questioning how good it does compared to my own math. 8k miles on truck so far with (tune, exhaust, and AFE intake installed).

·
Registered
873 Posts
I think there's a bunch of threads on this if you search for them. If I remember right most agree it's usually .5-.7 too high.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've compared mine to hand calculated a few times. It's typically within 1 to 1.5% which is close enough for me.

2013 SuperCrew XLT XTR Kodiak Brown Ecoboost 145"WB 302A package, Max Tow package

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
I'll take that 1.5% mark up for my self esteem. It helps me get through the mud tires and level decision!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Mine has been pretty close and I agree that it's close enough!

SPPD

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mine is 5 to 7 percent off. Those of you that rely on the dash computer versus hand calculations are in denial. Those of you that drive a 4x4 rely on the dash computer and claim getting 20 mpg are full of you know what. Your mileage may vary.

Bob

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Mine is 5 to 7 percent off. Those of you that rely on the dash computer versus hand calculations are in denial. Those of you that drive a 4x4 rely on the dash computer and claim getting 20 mpg are full of you know what. Your mileage may vary. Bob
Well I have a SCREW FX4 with 3.73's and I hand calculated over 20 on my way to Los Angeles from Napa. And I used to religiously hand check my mileage and it was never off be more than 1 mpg, in fact it was usually within .5. And it usually hand calculated to slightly lower than the dash, but sometimes the dash was pessimistic.

·
Registered
440 Posts
As far as the dash ave. mpg, it plays a game with you. If you notice that if you let your truck sit and idle to warm up it goes down a lot! This morning when i was driving to work it read 22.x, well before i got off i started my truck and let it warm up for 20 mins (really cold today in Chicago) and when i got in my truck it read 11.x mpg. So i wouldnt follow the dash reading at all!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts