F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
That's the piece. Look at the photo. I appears item #3 and #4 come attached to each other. It's leaking on the outside or inside? Cause there is another straight piece on the bottom of the window, both inner and outer.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just went to check that thing is leaking allll over, between front and rear door there’s a big leak, in the rear, between the door and glass. I will post a few videos.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Okay, need a little history here. Did you pull the interior door panels off? Did you just buy the truck used? I don't think the doors should be under that air much pressure. You said you covered the rear vents with hush mat, I don't think you want to do that. Those vents are to keep the cab from pressurizing like this. The inside of the door skin should also have plastic attached with a butyl rope type compound. I've never taken mine off yet, but every car I have opened up has that moisture/air barrier.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Okay, need a little history here. Did you pull the interior door panels off? Did you just buy the truck used? I don't think the doors should be under that air much pressure. You said you covered the rear vents with hush mat, I don't think you want to do that. Those vents are to keep the cab from pressurizing like this. The inside of the door skin should also have plastic attached with a butyl rope type compound. I've never taken mine off yet, but every car I have opened up has that moisture/air barrier.
Yes, i had the panels off, and yes I used the hushmat 1/4 inch instead of that vapor shield, i bought truck used over a year ago, i shut off one vent because it was stuck open, when i took that video i had the AC on and fan on high.
i just did that hushmat, but the reason i did it was because i wanted to quietn truck i think it’s a tad quieter but i expected more.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I think the vapor shield gives you some air barrier there as well. I'd put it back on. It's highly unlikely that all those spots have worn at once and are now leaking. The only thing that has changed is the panels were taken off and reinstalled in a non-stock configuration. Is the top edge of the panel fully seated? Sometimes if that's not down all the way you get big leak at the glass.

For comparison, I have never removed my panels and I can turn my fan on high sitting idle without experiencing what you're showing. Perhaps you made the rest of the vehicle more air tight and now you're exposing the weakest areas?

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I think the vapor shield gives you some air barrier there as well. I'd put it back on. It's highly unlikely that all those spots have worn at once and are now leaking. The only thing that has changed is the panels were taken off and reinstalled in a non-stock configuration. Is the top edge of the panel fully seated? Sometimes if that's not down all the way you get big leak at the glass.

For comparison, I have never removed my panels and I can turn my fan on high sitting idle without experiencing what you're showing. Perhaps you made the rest of the vehicle more air tight and now you're exposing the weakest areas?
i checked the inside weatherstrip on the passenger side, it’s actually flattened up, truck has 200,000 miles and maybe needs replaced. Not sure.
The noise i found on that AC fan test is approx where it sounded like when driving the truck.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

i will try to seat them tomorrow see what i find, and this isn’t a problem from few days, it’s been louder then any of the other f150’s i drive. thats the reason i tried to Hushmat it.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
For those inners search for "belt weatherstrip". There's an inner and outer, front and rear so look carefully.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've seen YouTube videos where the weatherstripping around the top of the door is a little flattened, and the solution was to cut the weatherstrip and insert a smaller rubber/vinyl tube into the tubular channel to round the weatherstrip out.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I actually did the whole seal around the body, like they do the super duty door seal mod, it’s quieter no doubt, but that noise is still there. Doors feel so much tighter.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts