F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
I’m new to the board and super pumped to be playing with a 2013 F150 Platinum 3.5L Ecoboost. In the past I have built several Ford F-250 and F-350 diesel... so the gas game is new to me and I’m excited to play with the potential of the Ecoboost platform.

So I hydroplaned and rolled my 2010 F250 King Ranch 6.4 diesel, luckily Progressive insurance paid appropriately for what I had in the truck. I decided to get outta the diesel game and try the F150 platform. I never really had the desire to buy a Raptor, I’d always seen myself building something that was more in tune with my personal requirements. I enjoy an optioned and classy truck that can handle being banged on once in a great while. I do light towing with my custom built overland trailer. I work in the oil field and drive horrendous dirt roads. I also enjoy ripping on the occasional Sti, R32, or ricer, haha.

I ended up finding my 2013 Platinum that was released from Ford as a lease vehicle with all documentation on the Carfax. Truck is extremely clean and obviously well taken care of. She’s clocking in at 76,000mi. Black interior with all the bells and whistles, Kodiak Metalic Brown on the outside. It does have the 4auto, 4high, 4low, lockable transfer case, heated/cooled seats, dvds in the headrest, automatic sidesteps, changeable interior mood lighting.

Originally I found a set of Icon coil overs I was going to level the truck with and then the Raptor suspension swap took frutation! I found a mostly full suspension setup from a really cool and informative seller, here in Colorado. I ordered some 17 rear shocks and I’m kinda at a stand still. I have literally everything down to the front axle shafts, camber caster bolts, and every bit of hardware.

I have a place that will put the CV shaft extensions on for me. I’ve sourced brand new U-bolts, brake line extensions, vacuum line extensions, 2in rear hub centric wheel spacers... the only thing I’m contemplating is the spring rate on the front coil overs. I know the Raptor ran a 6.2L and my platform has an Ecoboost... wondering if appropriate spring rates would be required. I was told my stock springs would work but I’m not so sure?!? I was wondering if I could get a spring off the new Raptor?

I’m also planning on running a Paint matched Fiberwerx front fender conversion as well as bed sides. Any personal experience on the Fiberwerx quality or recommendations? My goal is to essentially have a super classy Raptor. I’ll also be running polished American Force 17in bead-locks.

I also plan on modding the engine as well. Considering the following- intercooler, bov, intercooler piping, intake, exhaust, tuner, oil catch can. I have a Sct Livewire ts+ that is waiting to be installed with custom tunes once parts are ordered.

I’ll post pics of what I’ve done so far and what I have purchased. Any replies regarding the Fiberwerx and the spring rates would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve already paint to matched the headlights/taillights, full Led convention inside and out (even mirror puddle lamps).

Attachments

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Better shot of me overland camper I’ll be making match the new platinum. It matched the old king ranch perfectly, same rims, tires, and similar paint scheme.

Attachments

I think you will be fine on the raptor spring rates. Sure, you could probably perfect it with something slightly different but if you look at any of the fox/icon/etc coilovers available, they use the same shocks and spring for anything from a V6 RCSB that weighs 5000 lbs to a 6.2L Supercrew long bed that weighs 6400 lbs.

And your Plati probably weighs almost as much as a Raptor. once you put on the raptor sized tires and wheels and suspension goodies, you will probably be as heavy or heavier.

Should be an awesome setup. I'd love to do something like this to mine but I have a supercrew long bed and its already smurfing huge. I dont need it 8" wider.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.