F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Ford F150 Lariat Extended cab 4wd high speed vibration issues- 20K miles

Hi just got this from the dealer a month ago, immediately took it in after purchase for braking vibration and overall vehicle vibration between 70 to 85 mph, they could not replicate it. I thought it was in my head and took it home. Nope, still there and very noticeable to all passengers. The first time they redid the rotors and that fixed the brake problem but not the high speed vibration problem.

From what I'm finding on the internet the tire balance doesnt make the issue go away. It has Pirelli scorpion atr tires which since those can be found at walmart tell me they might not be that great.

Buying it from Ford used dept and only have a month, I have a right to go in and raise hell till they fix or replace right? It is still under warranty. I really am not mechanically savvy so I need help in what I can and cannot raise hell about and demand them to fix/do.

I have noticed a few others go through this- any solutions that worked to fix the issue?

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
tried but didnt work.
Have you tried playing with the air pressure? One thing that always bugged me with my previous truck was the front and back tires listed the same air pressure on the door. That just doesn't make sense since unloaded the axles were about 1000lbs different. I could fix most bounce by changing the air pressure. It did piss me off that every time it was at a dealer, they would set them back to the sticker pressure. . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts