F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about buying this truck. Selling my 2010 Double Cab Tundra to get a Crew Cab pickup. Narrowed it down to a Crew Max Tundra or a SuperCrew Ecoboost. Toyota dealers have been super stingy with negotiating any used pickups and I cannot afford a new Crew Max that isn't just basic with steel wheels. What do you guys think about this beautiful red ecoboost?2013 Ford F-150 - New Truck North Charleston South Carolina | Jones Ford

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
She's a beauty. You'll like the 'EcoBeast' if you choose to purchase.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Well other than the silly side stripe it is a nice one.
I for one would never buy a yoga but that is me. We currently own 7 FORDS sooooooo..

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've had both, 2011 Crewmax tundra platinum, and now a 2013 fx4 screw.
The Toyota was fast, comfortable and without any issues for 2 years and 60k miles.
The ford now has 6k miles, took a while to break in, but is now equally as quick as the Toyota, seems to be a little quieter, and tows my trailer more comfortably. I like the interior of the ford, and have no complaints.
Gas mileage between the two is nearly identical, slight edge to the ford but probably because I'm watching all the gauges constantly trying to do better.
The back seat of the Toyota was more comfortable, but the Ford is more than adequate and I like the under seat storage of the Ford.

Unfortunately, the Toyota will have a better resale / trade in value than the Ford. I paid 38k for my platinum Tundra, and traded it for 31k. A similar 2011 ford would have cost the same, but would have likely been worth 4-6k less at trade in time.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
My first truck ever was an 86 toyo hilux that ran for 385000 miles with just routine maintenance and 1 clutch. I am convinced that I would still be driving that truck had my sister not put it into a guard rail.

My favorite Truck ever is my 2013 EcoBeast Super Crew. I am absloutely impressed with the EcoBeast, so I would recommend you go with the Eco!

SPPD

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just b/c you own 7 Fords doesn't make them good vehicles. I absolutely LOVE my tundra. I wouldn't be getting rid of it, if it wasn't hit on Christmas Eve and I really need a Crew cab instead of DBL cab. We are down to Tundra or F150 and I'm leaning towards Ecoboost, b/c the toyota dealer isn't budging on price, the Ford is talking like they wanna make a sale. I said for the last 3 years I would never own anything other than a Toyota, it's our 4th one, and we LOVE them. Wife has a Corrolla and I have had two 4Runners plus the Tundra. Love my Toyota's. Anytime someone bashes another vehicle's brand, it makes me not wanna buy that particular brand. I think all brands have plusses and negatives.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Well said. Had an '06 Tacoma SR5. 5 Speed 2.7L 4. Loved it! Wanted more space, moved to a Sport Trac, then a Fusion now the EcoBeast!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Just b/c you own 7 Fords doesn't make them good vehicles. I absolutely LOVE my tundra. I wouldn't be getting rid of it, if it wasn't hit on Christmas Eve and I really need a Crew cab instead of DBL cab. We are down to Tundra or F150 and I'm leaning towards Ecoboost, b/c the toyota dealer isn't budging on price, the Ford is talking like they wanna make a sale. I said for the last 3 years I would never own anything other than a Toyota, it's our 4th one, and we LOVE them. Wife has a Corrolla and I have had two 4Runners plus the Tundra. Love my Toyota's. Anytime someone bashes another vehicle's brand, it makes me not wanna buy that particular brand. I think all brands have plusses and negatives.
I have driven both and towed with both for miles on end. Both are very impressive, good performance, and can be counted on. I gave the edge to the EcoBoost Only because to me it came acrossed more refined (Interior made more sense on button location in the Ford) and when towing the Ford just seemed more confident and yeild better MPG (Didn't down shift as much going up the big hills). Again that a "IMO" thing. I recommend going with the dealership who wants a client not a customer as they will work harder for your happiness and be there when things are unhappy... Keep us posted and good luck with the new truck hunting!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you for your post. I can completely understand an assessment like that. I enjoy reading other peoples experiences. I don't enjoy hearing someone make fun of another brand, simply b/c you're a "brand" guy. I have heard all the old adages. FORD= Found on Road Dead. I wouldn't come in here and talk junk about it. So, when I posted I expected to see more posts like kingboost where folks have some actual input rather than just poking fun of a name or a brand

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Did I miss something here? I haven't seen anyone poking fun at you. I have found everyone here to be very respectful and friendly. Maybe the Mods or Admins deleted a post and I just never saw it.

SPPD

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have driven both and towed with both for miles on end. Both are very impressive, good performance, and can be counted on. I gave the edge to the EcoBoost Only because to me it came acrossed more refined (Interior made more sense on button location in the Ford) and when towing the Ford just seemed more confident and yeild better MPG (Didn't down shift as much going up the big hills). Again that a "IMO" thing. I recommend going with the dealership who wants a client not a customer as they will work harder for your happiness and be there when things are unhappy... Keep us posted and good luck with the new truck hunting!
Exactly.

I love my ecoboost, and loved my tundra. Buy the one that gives you the best bang for the buck, you won't be disappointed either way.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had a 05 GMC Sierra Denali, looked at new Denali, Platinum Tundra and the Platinum F150, all are nice, would take any of them. Turning point was the wife liked the ride of the F150 better.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
I missed something as well.. Traci stated she had 7 Fords but I didn't think that was downgrading another brand.

Everyone is well aware if you post this question of EB forum, the majority of responses will favor Ford. Post this in the Tundra forum, the majority of responses will favor Toyota.

The debate is 100% opinion of what vehicle to look in to. I stand as bias as anyone as I've owned 4 Fords. 25k miles in 1 year on my EB and I would never buy a different gas truck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I too am a former Tundra owner ('12 Crewmax SR5). I only started truck shopping because I purchased a new, larger travel trailer that was pushing 9K lbs. The Tundra was a great truck, and personally I loved the look. It just doesn't come close to the Ecoboost when it comes to towing. The Tundra would drop to 3 or 4 on the slightest incline when towing, and when not towing it would drop to 5th regularly. The cruise control on the Tundra SUCKS! If you push the lock button on the remote when a door was still open, the damn thing would emit a ridiculously loud tone alerting the world to the open door. The Tundra interior is boring, but the back seat leg room is exceptional. I really liked the rear window that lowered on the Crewmax, and so did the kids. IMHO, the Tundra and F150 Ecoboost are the Kings of the Mountain in the half ton market...just too bad we can't take the best of both trucks to make one BEAST!

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I don't see where anyone bashed the tundra, but posting on an f150 forum about a tundra is a little silly to me. I wouldn't wear a 49er jersey in Oakland.

I wanted the best half ton on the market, I did not consider price at all. The best half ton IMO is the ecoboost. If I had to order them it would be Titan, GM, dodge and Toyota neck and neck, and the clear cut winner for me was the f150. Power, economy, towing capacity, and also ride. When we test drove an f150 my wife was shocked at how nice the ride was and how easy to drive it was.

Also, Toyotas are always overpriced IMO for what they offer, and the dealerships I have been two say how great Toyotas are and like they would be doing me a favor if they sold me a vehicle. The ford dealership I deal with is much friendlier.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Don't think anything was deleted..just don't think he felt traci post was helpful..lol...but at the same time you are on a ford site so most opinions will be a little biased. But as other above had said I too had a hard choice between the two trucks I choose the ecoboost because it was a better fit for my needs. I liked the back seat folding up so I can carry my dogs, it was smaller inside and I could comfortably reach everything and so could the wife. I get tons better mpgs with the Eco than I did with the tundra.. Plus it will tow what I need it too very easily

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No one bashed anything. I just didn't like the way the second response was worded. Referring to a toyota as a "yoga". I really don't get responses like that. I didn't come here for someone to praise a Tundra, but don't put me down because I own one. Besides that, everyone's response has been very helpful. Thanks to all who contributed. We are still weighing our options, but the wife doesn't like the stripe on the FX2 that I found. they also have an FX4 that I LOVE, but it's 5K more, not sure I can sell her on that.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I bet if you asked the dealer to remove the decal as part of the deal they would do it for you. I am sure you will not be disappointed with the EcoBeast. The FX package is really sweet, but a lot of people dont like the "hockey stick" decal on the sides. I was considering the FX, but needed the extra seat in front so I could fit my whole family inside. I have 4 kids and this truck is perfect for my family. The back seats are a little less comfortable in the Ford, but 3 of my 4 kids are still in boosters and they ride in back. I love the flip up on the rear seats as others have said. It really comes in handy when I dont have the kids with me and I have to haul anything fragile that I dont want bouncing around in the bed. If the price is right and you and the Wife like it, you really cant go wrong with the EcoBeast!

SPPD

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a 2013 FX4 with the tow max package and love the truck and can't believe how well it pulls my 10,000 pound toy hauler. Mine had the side stripes and hood stripe and the dealer removed them as part of the deal. I don't think you can go wrong with the ford or toyota but you will get better mileage with the ecoboost.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks superduty and SPPD. I had considered contacting the dealer to see if removing the stripe was an option. I will call today and see if they can do that. I am sure they would take it off if I told them it's keeping me from buying the truck.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts