F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Santa brought me one for Christmas. I plan on installing the kit Friday, I'll post pictures and thoughts as soon as I'm done.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts

I actually got the autospring 2" lift/level kit. It is suppose to bring the front up 2" and the rear up 1 1/2". It takes some of the rake out but not all of it so it won't sag in the rear with a little load.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aloha Everyone, Thanks for the information. I have time as the truck is not due in until February. I will keep checking around.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Sweet, would you post some pics once you have it installed? I'd be real curious to know how it looks when towing as well.

I actually got the autospring 2" lift/level kit. It is suppose to bring the front up 2" and the rear up 1 1/2". It takes some of the rake out but not all of it so it won't sag in the rear with a little load.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well i was finally able to get the kit installed. I need to rewind, i originally said it was an Autospring 2" lift/level, it actually was their 1 1/2" lift/level kit. The kit consisted of strut spacers in the front and 3" replacement blocks in the rear.

After the install the truck actually sits right at 2" higher in the front and 1 1/2" higher in rear over stock. I was very pleased with the outcome, the first two pictures are lifted, the second two are stock.

WP_000070.jpg WP_000071.jpg WP_000166 (2).jpg WP_000168 (2).jpg

·
Registered
860 Posts
Look good! How hard was the installation? Any special tools needed?

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Look good! How hard was the installation? Any special tools needed?
The installation was fairly straight forward and easy, i did it all myself in a little under 4 hours. The hardest part was joining the upper control arm and spindle on re-assembly. I ended up using a ratchet strap to pull them together enough in order to get the nut started, other than that it was easy.

The only "special" tools I’d say you need are for the lower strut mount. The nut/bolt combo is pretty large (21mm i believe) and TIGHT. I had to use a 1/2 breaker bar with a cheater pipe to get them loose..... Other than that I’d say normal hand tools can get it done, air tools (impact and air ratchet) are nice but not necessary.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is a brand new company called ProLift that is just entering the market. I saw their stuff at the SEMA show and was really impressed with it. I am running their 2" leveling kit and have had great luck and losts of good comments about the stance of the truck. Fit and finish of their stuff may just be the nicest in the industry. No rubbing! You will be able to find there stuff at Chux Trux in a few weeks or you can call them directly for more info. I think it's worth a few minutes of your time to check them out. No pop medal cheap crap from these guys... 503-543-5515 Randy. (Their website wont be up until the end of the month i'm told). Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
What was the brand of lift you put on your truck? I have the same truck but with the 18" wheels. What size of tires do you think you can put on it now?

·
Registered
131 Posts
how is the ride quality after you put a leveling kit on your truck?? change, and does it effect your warranty?
The ride quality is exactly the same as stock on mine. It's a strut spacer so you’re not messing with the spring rate there for keeps the factory ride. As far as the warranty, i wouldn’t think so BUT you can never tell with Ford.......

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mattwayne07,
what brand of lift did you use on your truck?
I went with an AutoSpring 1 1/2" lift/level. It actually lifted the front 2" and the rear 1 1/4" this way i maintain a little rear to front rake. When i throw the 4-wheeler in the bed of the truck it sits perfectly level, no sag in the rear.

The parts quality is top notch and the price can't be beat. I believe they only sell through Ebay so just do a search for "Autospring F150" and you'll see what they have to offer. I think they offer packages anywhere from 1" to 2 1/2".

Thank,
MWW

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hey Matt, I was curious why you went with 3" blocks in the back over the autospring add-a-leaf?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey Matt, I was curious why you went with 3" blocks in the back over the autospring add-a-leaf?
The main reason i chose blocks over the add-a-leaf is the ride quality un-loaded. I've had add-a-leafs on a past truck and they really stiffened up the ride when the truck was not loaded. If i need the extra load capacity i'll go with a air helper bag setup that can be adjusted depending the load.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The main reason i chose blocks over the add-a-leaf is the ride quality un-loaded. I've had add-a-leafs on a past truck and they really stiffened up the ride when the truck was not loaded. If i need the extra load capacity i'll go with a air helper bag setup that can be adjusted depending the load.
How much stiffer was the ride with add-a-leafs? My old truck was a F-250 gas and the ride was a lot stiffer than my new F-150. Will it be like my old F-250 ride?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put a AS 2 inch on the front of my 2013 FX4 and it leveled it nice however when driving or if you put anything in the back it sits nose high. So to combat that I replaced the rear 1 1/4 block in the rear with a 2' block to give it a slight rake but nothing like stock. I got it all from AS. hth

·
Registered
18 Posts
I added a Summit Engineering 2.5" kit and fit and worked out great they are listed on e-bay for $54.99 check out my trucks picture in my profile

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
About this Discussion
40 Replies
16 Participants
Tanker74
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing