F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I figured it was about time to make my own build thread. I have been here since 2015 and have owned a 2011 Ecoboost and now my 2013 ecoboost I have dubbed Black Betty. Just for you guys who get up in arms about naming a truck. I have owned by black FX4 for about two years now. The intended purpose of this vehicle is a multiuse form of transportation but not limited to race truck, fishing truck, mudding truck, and grocery getter and of course, occasionally a snow plow lol.

The craziest thing I have done in my truck was probably in Wyoming. Me and my buddy went down a washboard road filled with ruts, muds, and rocks and were a little excited. So I clocked about 100-110 mph for about 20 mins playing Ford Raptor lol

Current mods:
Wagner Intercooler w/Turbosmart BOV
Stant OE thermostat
Moto Metal MO970 18x10 -24mm offset
Cooper Discoverer ATP 275/70/18
BCB Adaptive Octane Tune
Boostking 91 Tune (still working on)
Flowmaster outlaw series exhaust
Red LED interior ambient lighting
Bilstein 5100 shocks (Max level)
Powerstop Z36 pads - Drilled and slotted rotors
Rotella T6 5W-40

Future mods:
SA Raptor transmission cooler
Downpipes (maybe)
Swap out for a different exhaust. Thinking a Corsa.
Fluid maintenance.
AFE rear diff cover
Rock Lights
Handkraftd Carbon Fiber steering wheel

Things that are bothering me:
Got some turbo flutter/loud wastegates. Turbo may be on the way out.
IWE occasional grinding (Already been at dealer for that - hub replaced)

More to come..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got my SA Raptor trans cooler in.. dented and bent and a lot of bent fins. First time I have ever had an issue with Tasca Parts. Sent them an email this morning so I will see how fast they fix the issue.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
I can definitely appreciate the blacked out look! I bet it's such a pain to wash but when you get it just right it's a beaut!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can definitely appreciate the blacked out look! I bet it's such a pain to wash but when you get it just right it's a beaut!
First black vehicle. I still am in love with it!
With Colorado weather it is hard to find the "right" time to wash it. We have rain the next 2 days then some snow. So I am going to deep clean the interior I guess?! :confused:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what tail lights are you running? they look aftermarket
They are from ebay. The first set I had a condensation issue with and they replaced them and really sealed them up good and have not had an issue sense. I really like the style. For me they are exactly what I want. They are very bright in the day and especially at night lol they get people's attention.

Capture.JPG

·
Registered
960 Posts
First black vehicle. I still am in love with it!
With Colorado weather it is hard to find the "right" time to wash it. We have rain the next 2 days then some snow. So I am going to deep clean the interior I guess?! :confused:
The trick to getting the black to POP is the clay bar. I have only owned black vehicles my whole life. (And yes, I never looked back!)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The trick to getting the black to POP is the clay bar. I have only owned black vehicles my whole life. (And yes, I never looked back!)
I'm gonna start with a clay bar, follow with IPA, then get a compound, then polish it, then a ceramic coating. Then a wax...yeah I have a problem ;) I want ZERO orange peel on the truck.

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts
I'm gonna start with a clay bar, follow with IPA, then get a compound, then polish it, then a ceramic coating. Then a wax...yeah I have a problem ;) I want ZERO orange peel on the truck.
IPA? As in Indian Pale Ale or are you referring to Isopropyl Alcohol?
Because I won't judge you if you want to down a beer after the tedious job of clay barring the truck. ;)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IPA? As in Indian Pale Ale or are you referring to Isopropyl Alcohol?
Because I won't judge you if you want to down a beer after the tedious job of clay barring the truck. ;)
I cannot stand IPAs. Way too hoppy for me! I will take a Modelo chelada picante though! ;)

For claying I saw they have an attachment for my DA so I can clay with a polisher. I want to look into it more but it looks like I could remove more contaminants and not get a killer arm pump going!
https://store.detailking.com/nanoskin-autoscrub-pads-for-cyclo-polisher-medium-grade?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4fHkBRDcARIsACV58_HFlCoP-je6GMk_XFOFh8ux0Q-xW1WufQdB1F8CZRoKNga2lKVPgCsaAgTnEALw_wcB

I can't wait to use some rubber spray on my side steps either that a good buddy of mine sent me! ;) I am also going to try to use it as some road noise sound deadening. I mean it says it on the can right?!

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts
I can't wait to use some rubber spray on my side steps either that a good buddy of mine sent me! ;) I am also going to try to use it as some road noise sound deadening. I mean it says it on the can right?!
WOW! What a guy. He must be a super stellar fella! I'd sure like to meet him. ;)

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
you can only get rid or orange peel by wetsanding.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
If youre going to wet sand, i would get a nice paint depth reader to see how much you have to work with and only work on flat surfaces. A DA polisher can take out fine sanding.

Also really nice cut paint work is a good way to know if a car has been repainted aka accident if buying used due to body shops doing this and stock paint not. it is obvious if its a door next to bumper or something.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
you can only get rid or orange peel by wetsanding.
Fiine. If you want to be that technical. *Greatly* minimize it.
IMG_0297.JPG
IMG_0298.JPG

This was a buddies car I did a paint correction on. I spent about 8 hours on it since it was my first black vehicle. I took it slow since I did not measure clear coat depth and I didn't wanna burn through any paint. Just took it slow and steady and it looked so much better. A lot of paint damage.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
About this Discussion
62 Replies
11 Participants
Envious
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing