F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I replaced my backup camera and now it is working without the error I kept getting. I am missing the backup sensor bricks. Not the lines but the on screen prompt that shows when you get close and they are the green, yellow, red prompts to show how close you are. I tried to enable it in Forscan but there is no option to reprogram backup camera. I read where it might be an updated camera and the APIM may need an udpate as well. Replacement was easy and straight forward. I used my cats claw and was able to get the emblem out without breaking the tabs so I could reuse it.

20190726_183935.jpg
20190726_183943.jpg
20190726_183957.jpg

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
My camera itself looked good. I didn't see any water staining. Contacts looked good. I do see here a lot of cameras fail. I think because they use cheaper electronics would be my guess. I mean $250 for that small camera is ridiculous lol

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I'm back. No update right now. I am tossing around the idea of selling and looking at either a Jeep SRT8 or something along those lines. Need something just a little smaller for parking in a cramped parking garage.

The last two turns to get out I think I have maybe a 4 inch gap between my wheels and the concrete lol

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I'm back. No update right now. I am tossing around the idea of selling and looking at either a Jeep SRT8 or something along those lines. Need something just a little smaller for parking in a cramped parking garage.

The last two turns to get out I think I have maybe a 4 inch gap between my wheels and the concrete lol
Love the Eco but I am a fan of the SRT Jeep........ Wife had one for a couple years, wish we didn't get rid of it.... It was a runner!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Yes they are nice! I love the interior. Although, not as comfortable as my truck's interior. I just fit so well in it lol

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
They seem to have just enough room with the shorter wheelbase too. I hate how the only IT jobs are in the cities lol I was not cut out for this ?

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
They seem to have just enough room with the shorter wheelbase too. I hate how the only IT jobs are in the cities lol I was not cut out for this
Just do what I do and work remote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,270 Posts

From anywhere and everywhere these days.

My CEO texts me sometimes with "Where are you?" I know that text probably followed him asking his executive assistant "Is Cowboy here?" (yea, that's what he calls me in public)

Just to mess with him I usually reply back with a picture, rather than words. About this time last year I replied with a picture of my pastor wearing funny sunglasses while standing in the aisle of a bus.

He knows my pastor (another story) and text back "is that Tim? Where are you with him?"

I replied "Israel"

Lol

Yep. I bought an unlocked cheap GSM phone before flying over and then stuck an Israeli Sim in it. Hotspot mode and WHALLAH.

By the way, nearly the entire country was LTE and plenty of bandwidth for remote desktop, if you know what I mean.

Sorry for the hijack and rubbing it in Envious.

(There's an ATT tower on top of a Mesa just before you get to Mancos Colorado. That tower is 20mps and saturates all the remote mountain sides surrounding it. That one tower supports my summer adventures)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #74

Man at my last place it was so bad. I put in my two weeks and then took 3 months off. I loved it and I loved being with my family and my fiancee but dammit I need out of the house everyday lol. This new job is great..minus the parking. There are no dirt lots nearby like my other jobs.

But I do get to work one damn remote a week after I settle in. I had another offer that was 100% remote but the benefits/pay compared to this one was an easy decision lol. And I could leave the house!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
From anywhere and everywhere these days.

My CEO texts me sometimes with "Where are you?" I know that text probably followed him asking his executive assistant "Is Cowboy here?" (yea, that's what he calls me in public)

Just to mess with him I usually reply back with a picture, rather than words. About this time last year I replied with a picture of my pastor wearing funny sunglasses while standing in the aisle of a bus.

He knows my pastor (another story) and text back "is that Tim? Where are you with him?"

I replied "Israel"

Lol

Yep. I bought an unlocked cheap GSM phone before flying over and then stuck an Israeli Sim in it. Hotspot mode and WHALLAH.

By the way, nearly the entire country was LTE and plenty of bandwidth for remote desktop, if you know what I mean.

Sorry for the hijack and rubbing it in Envious.

(There's an ATT tower on top of a Mesa just before you get to Mancos Colorado. That tower is 20mps and saturates all the remote mountain sides surrounding it. That one tower supports my summer adventures)

You are fine. This is the IT thread as well ha.
Man, I know they say traveling is the key.. but my family needs me here so I much prefer sticking around town and helping out here. Once things change, I am sure we will do a lot more traveling. But for now I am very content and settling into my new job. The view aint bad at all. I get to see the western slopes with the beautiful mountains, the pepsi center, AND coors field. and the traffic lol so I know if I need to get going sooner.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Man at my last place it was so bad. I put in my two weeks and then took 3 months off. I loved it and I loved being with my family and my fiancee but dammit I need out of the house everyday lol. This new job is great..minus the parking. There are no dirt lots nearby like my other jobs.

But I do get to work one damn remote a week after I settle in. I had another offer that was 100% remote but the benefits/pay compared to this one was an easy decision lol. And I could leave the house!
Yea I know what you mean by being cooped up in the house all day but damn does it pay the bills and makes other things easier my boss makes sure my work gets done and if I do other things in between like going to the doctor, post office or other daily chores then that's fine. My clients can't be put on the back burner and it's definitely worked out for me. Buuuutt I totally get the cabin fever aspect so I've been looking at co-working spaces when I don't have customer calls so I get out of the house but it's also hard to do that without a truck so I'm still being a hermit for now. I like Bruce's idea of a hotspot too but I'll need to budget or convince the boss to pay for it

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Yea I know what you mean by being cooped up in the house all day but damn does it pay the bills and makes other things easier my boss makes sure my work gets done and if I do other things in between like going to the doctor, post office or other daily chores then that's fine. My clients can't be put on the back burner and it's definitely worked out for me. Buuuutt I totally get the cabin fever aspect so I've been looking at co-working spaces when I don't have customer calls so I get out of the house but it's also hard to do that without a truck so I'm still being a hermit for now. I like Bruce's idea of a hotspot too but I'll need to budget or convince the boss to pay for it

Yeah my 2nd day I had to work remote because they closed the office down for a snow storm that came and dropped about 14" of snow on us. No one checked up on me or anything. Not like I had much to do but I did take some on boarding training. Here they expect you to work and know you will work and they do not micro manage. I am digging this place. I can see myself here for the next 15 years. It is one of the top 10 largest cyber security sales/consulting companies in the world and thankfully I am on the Core team not the consultant side lol. Hopefully it pays so I can play like you and snake ;)

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Yeah my 2nd day I had to work remote because they closed the office down for a snow storm that came and dropped about 14" of snow on us. No one checked up on me or anything. Not like I had much to do but I did take some on boarding training. Here they expect you to work and know you will work and they do not micro manage. I am digging this place. I can see myself here for the next 15 years. It is one of the top 10 largest cyber security sales/consulting companies in the world and thankfully I am on the Core team not the consultant side lol. Hopefully it pays so I can play like you and snake ;)
Very cool! Its always nice when people know you're going to get the job done and let you do it. Cyber security is huge and from what I understand there's a large shortage of jobs. I was looking into getting my security+, cissp, cissm and ceh and start working my way towards that background. Being an architect is great but I eventually want to move to a director+ role so I need to start building more cred in other practice areas. I just made a switch to big blue and so far it looks like I'll be here for a long while.
I'm hoping it plays for you too because built motors and big turbos is where it's at

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited)
Very cool! Its always nice when people know you're going to get the job done and let you do it. Cyber security is huge and from what I understand there's a large shortage of jobs. I was looking into getting my security+, cissp, cissm and ceh and start working my way towards that background. Being an architect is great but I eventually want to move to a director+ role so I need to start building more cred in other practice areas. I just made a switch to big blue and so far it looks like I'll be here for a long while.
I'm hoping it plays for you too because built motors and big turbos is where it's at

Oh yeah they have practices here that are good. Definitely will help me in the future. Most of the guys here have been here for over 5+ years which is good and they have moved up and around. A lot of companies tell you that but have zero examples to back them up. The benefits are bleeping amazing, so is the pay, unlimited time off (sad because when I quick in 20 years I wont have 1000000 hours accrued LOL to buy my 2080 raptor with the flux capacitor quantum inducer..shoot!) Good work life balance and COMPETENT managers. I like the direction you are going.. To know stuff and be technical. I would work under you! lol but yeah I specialize in vmware but this job lets me touch everything while focusing on that. So I will be growing a lot. There will be a lot of hours put in but it is going to be a great change for me compared to my last place. After I pay off the wedding in a few months then I think more mods will come down the pipeline for sure.

I see you, @WooBoost , and @mtxpert , @Boostking are all pushing the platform and supporting it and I am loving it!

I think next thing for me to work on is suspension. I want to do a complete suspension refresh. So I will be over in your build thread looking at stuff too ;)

·
Premium Member
6,270 Posts
"play like snake".....

Do NOT let me be a bad influence! Lol

Keep in mind that if I was posting here back when I was your age it would be a VERY different tale than today.

Different truck, for dang sure
Different strategies
Different outlook

Different in so many ways. I was child-rearing and mortgage paying. That's a legitimate rulebook that I just happened to have finally outlived.

And to be completely honest, if my soulmate was still here with me, although she rarely impeded my tomfoolery, I'd likely self-police myself far more than I do without her.

I often imagine conversations we would have over morning coffee. I'd welcome the oversight and accountability, and even the sheer fun of trying to get my way.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts