F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 with the 4.2 LCD screen and the newer style radio surround like this pic

2013 Ford F-150: MyFord Touch Arrives, And Brings Buttons

I have seen the aftermarket bezels for the double DIN upgrage for the 09-12s which have a different dash im pretty sure.

I am wondering what everyone is going with for an upgrade or what people are looking at for a replacement head unit.

Post some pics if you have any!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im looking for the 2013+ with the different styled dash/head unit bezel tho. I had a 2010 Raptor with the same style as the 2012 and older with the little clock and temp display at the top so I know how those all look.

Thanks for the response, post some pics when you get it installed tho

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Thats the exact screen our rental fusion for work has right now and I HATE it with a passion...I'm really glad that I went with the 8" screen when I bought my truck. This dinky screen is a PITA to navigate

·
Registered
736 Posts
This is one reason I didn't want my Ford touch or the sony since I planned to upgrade the stereo to something better then both of those. I ran into this same problem with my titan with factory nav. Everything was controlled from the factory screen so there were no aftermarket bezels for double dins for that particular model. I didn't want to run into that again

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

That is the only thing I have found and I think it looks like an absolute JOKE to say the least....

It looks like I will have to wait a while or go without the Sync

My goals are better sounding sound system, Double DIN display and retain all factory functions

·
Registered
736 Posts
I had to settle for leaving stock head unit and adding amps and speakers on the titan. But being ford it may have better aftermarket support eventually

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am really considering aquiring a 2013 stock nav dash trim and adding my own head unit with nav etc. and ditching the stock 4.2/sync if its possible.

Or as a last case I guess I could buy the 2012 and older style then figure out how to redo the heater controls.

I would much rather do either of these before leaving that stock 4.2 monitor in there.

I am also thinking about attempting to make my own sub box for under the pass rear seat and installing an amp. Im not 100% what components I would go with tho.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Haha could he have picked a gayer song to play?

Black Sheep of the Family

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the quality in that kit looks like a 90s economy car as far as the controls go.

Has anyone run across any new info for the 13+ H.U.?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Looking at buying this.
It is a direct replacement for the 4.2" 2013-14 systems only.
The dual zone on it does not function as such but all the controls otherwise i am told work.
You do loose sat radio and sync but it does have bluetooth phone and all your steering wheel controls apparently still work.
For the sat radio function, you can by an add on sat and connect it to this one's auxillary.
With this unit you do get dvd functionality, a 9" touch screen, nav and aot more.
Looks like a super sweet unit and the only nice replacement option for the 13-14 4.2" screen setup.
Link to the ebay one of the ebay auctions:
8" Car DVD for Ford F150 Lariat 2013 with Radio BT TV Video Audio iPod Map | eBay

Attachments

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Looking at buying this.
It is a direct replacement for the 4.2" 2013-14 systems only.
The dual zone on it does not function as such but all the controls otherwise i am told work.
You do loose sat radio and sync but it does have bluetooth phone and all your steering wheel controls apparently still work.
For the sat radio function, you can by an add on sat and connect it to this one's auxillary.
With this unit you do get dvd functionality, a 9" touch screen, nav and aot more.
Looks like a super sweet unit and the only nice replacement option for the 13-14 4.2" screen setup.
Link to the ebay one of the ebay auctions:
8" Car DVD for Ford F150 Lariat 2013 with Radio BT TV Video Audio iPod Map | eBay
That is really slick....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts