F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dropped my truck off for the first time. She's got 28k on her. Rear and tow mirror defrost stopped working a couple weeks ago. Did a couple searches on here and found it's a common problem for 2010-2013 F150s TSB # ASI-32259. Thanks all for posting. Showed up to the dealer with the TSB and all went smooth so far. Now getting a Ram Hemi for a loaner...can't wait...

·
Registered
241 Posts
I know thought the same thing when I bought the wife her new Durango R/T

Attachments

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
We have a work truck with that same set up. The knob went out the other day. We had to pay $120 to have it towed to a dealer because it complete disabled the vehicle.

Were you able to get this taken care of, 13XLTSC? I recommend reaching out to our Fleet Dept. at 1-800-343-5338 (1-800-34-FLEET).

Just dropped my truck off for the first time. She's got 28k on her. Rear and tow mirror defrost stopped working a couple weeks ago. Did a couple searches on here and found it's a common problem for 2010-2013 F150s TSB # ASI-32259. Thanks all for posting. Showed up to the dealer with the TSB and all went smooth so far. Now getting a Ram Hemi for a loaner...can't wait...
Hi ross1147,

I'm glad your Ford Dealer is taking care of you. I'll see what options are available on my end. Just send over a PM with your full name, phone number, VIN, and servicing dealership.

I'll keep my eyes peeled

Todd

·
Registered
158 Posts

Were you able to get this taken care of, 13XLTSC? I recommend reaching out to our Fleet Dept. at 1-800-343-5338 (1-800-34-FLEET).

Hi ross1147,

I'm glad your Ford Dealer is taking care of you. I'll see what options are available on my end. Just send over a PM with your full name, phone number, VIN, and servicing dealership.

I'll keep my eyes peeled

Todd
I think 13XLTSC was refuting to a dodge work truck not a good ford one. Glad to see you are on hear though watching out for us and our issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi ross1147, I'm glad your Ford Dealer is taking care of you. I'll see what options are available on my end. Just send over a PM with your full name, phone number, VIN, and servicing dealership. I'll keep my eyes peeled Todd
Yup, they had the truck for a day and confirmed the issue, same as the TSB. They order a new back window and said it should be in in a week or so. Think I'm good to go.

On a side note the Hemi got better MPGs the 2 days I had it than my Eco. I average about 15.5 in my eco (hand calculate) and the Hemi was showing 17.8 on the computer. The Hemi was 2 wheel drive, maybe that had something to do with it?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I think 13XLTSC was refuting to a dodge work truck not a good ford one. Glad to see you are on hear though watching out for us and our issues
Good eye. :D You might be right, summitrider2012. I wanted to make sure, though, as it wasn't stated in the thread.

I'm happy to be here among such great people, as well.

Yup, they had the truck for a day and confirmed the issue, same as the TSB. They order a new back window and said it should be in in a week or so. Think I'm good to go.

On a side note the Hemi got better MPGs the 2 days I had it than my Eco. I average about 15.5 in my eco (hand calculate) and the Hemi was showing 17.8 on the computer. The Hemi was 2 wheel drive, maybe that had something to do with it?
I'm glad to hear your Ford Dealer is taking care of you, ross1147. I recommend speaking directly with your service manager regarding your mpg, as he's best to answer vehicle-specific questions.

Todd

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Truck is back in to get the window installed. This time at enterprise rental I told them I don't want another hemi. They had a couple 15 F150s in the back so I snagged one of those. Not an Eco but still pretty sweet looking.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Didn't cost me a dime. Had s rental for a total of 5 days as well. I am still under the 3yr/36k warranty but I also have s 7yr/70k warranty. Not sure how TSBs work if you are out of warranty??

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2013 f150 fx4 rear defrost has gone out for the second time and ford won't do a dang thing to help out. Bad design and common problem. Sad thing ford can't get this right.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mine stopped working a few days ago it was minus 32 celcus... no light when you push the button. the rear slider wasn’t completely closed about 3/16th of an inch open Had to take a heat gun and loosen it up. After that it all worked finen

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had an issue with my 14 (74k miles) a couple of weeks ago. Driving to work and BOOM the rear window shattered. It sounded like a shotgun went off. The only thing holding the glass together was the tint. The dealer replaced it after a few harsh conversations only because I had the platinum 100k mile extended warranty. My deductible is $50. They loaned me a 2017 EB with the 10 speed. I felt like I got my $$ worth when it beat a ATS-V at a light racing to 100mph. That 10 speed is amazing!

·
Registered
30 Posts
According to the dealer, the rear defroster shorted out and ignited the gas inside the glass.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wonder if I can get this looked at while I will have my certified warranty on the truck. My rear defrost button doesn’t work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
10 Participants
1tufgt
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing