F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

PickupTrucks.com is partnering with Popular Mechanics to test all the newest half-ton pickup trucks. With the new 2014 Chevy Silverado and 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 on the way, the 2013 Ford F-Series looking to break records this year and the 2013 Ram 1500 grabbing more market share, we thought we'd better get all the half-ton pickups together for a good old-fashioned smackdown. Look for the full story in two weeks. PickupTrucks.com will start with the 2014 Silverado 1500 and 2013 Ford F-150 on June 10, the 2014 Sierra 1500 and 2013 Nissan Titan on June 11, and the 2013 Ram 1500 and 2013 Toyota Tundra on June 12; we'll post behind-the-scene shots on June 13.

Source: pickuptrucks.com

·
Registered
589 Posts
I am looking forward to the results too... I am not sure if the F-150 has a EcoBeast in it though... Does anyone know? The GM twins are reported to be 800lbs lighter than the next heaviest truck so it will be interesting to see the results...
I know I just read up on the 2015 Spied F150 showing all the new metal work under the camo... I will make sure to post the link

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I am not surprised at these results, but I am surprised that Ford would not have supplied a more well equipt interior, as the test truck seems like it has the same basic interior as mine. I know they had to meet a certain dollar price, but you would think they would have at least had the higher sound system and seat material.

SPPD

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Go read the comments at the bottom... Every truck owner is putting their "professional" opinion as to why the truck they own should be #1. Someone mentioned the Ford should not win because of the many problems with the ecoboost motor. I wasn't aware of many problems with the ecoboost motor. I was aware of a high humidity issue with the CAC and some people experiencing lower MPG's.

·
Registered
589 Posts
SPPD- I am with you on option list for their choice; But I am glad they didn't skip on the Max tow pkg and EcoBeast Combo.. Nonetheless, despite that being a short fall the truck smoked every test that mattered. Was a little suprised on the Towing MPG until I saw the average speed at 50mph and city stop/go stuff.

Kc311- That is some knucklehead reading the news and instead of knowing that its a handful of folks sueing Ford made it into all EcoBoost... The Motor is sound and folks feelings are hurt... I was amazed at how much the 8 speed really helped the Hemi on the hill climb! I had to look up the ratio and wow some step 1st gear...

I am just impressed to see that despite being the heaviest the EcoBeast was damn near at the top of it all, especially when loaded or towing (Minus the MPG on towing)... Looking at what Ford is doing to lighten the next Gen F-150 (800lbs plus fat loss program), some MPG tech added onto the Eco (stop and go/ 8 or 10 spd auto), plus maybe a power bump (not really needed given the first two would increase power to weight ratio beyond measure) the best will get even better...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
AK-KingBoost
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing