F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my reservoir was empty when I changed my air filter the other week. So I topped it off... it's gone down already... so I'm thinking I've got a leak somewhere.

I do not have anything leaking to the point of a puddle or any obvious signs.

From what I'm reading on here, there are a couple places it seems to leak from.

1. Reservoir joint
2. Fitting on turbos
3. T-fitting

Anywhere else I can check? I looked at the fittings under the reservoir and don't see anything there... like I said no puddles either. Hoping it's not the turbo fitting... looks like it could be a bit of work pulling the turbos.

TIA

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Could also be a blown head gasket and you don't see a puddle because your motor is trying to combust the liquid leaking in there.

Also check your oil. I think it's possible that the oil cooler can leak coolant inside it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Check the underside of the elbow at the reservoir, that's where the drip propagates from. It will end up on the d/s frame rail as well. Stick your hand or a paper towel under there and see if it comes back greasy/coolanty. Super common and pegasus racing makes a kit that solves the problem 100%.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check the underside of the elbow at the reservoir, that's where the drip propagates from. It will end up on the d/s frame rail as well. Stick your hand or a paper towel under there and see if it comes back greasy/coolanty. Super common and pegasus racing makes a kit that solves the problem 100%.

Found the kit here:

Pegasus Kit on Amazon

Will check it more thoroughly as it's been mentioned a few times.. the reservoir elbow that is. As I understand it, there's an o-ring in there that goes bad... the Pegasus would certainly resolve that... forever. Fingers crossed it really is leaking and that's all it is. Simple fix if so!

·
Vendor
262 Posts
Found the kit here:

Pegasus Kit on Amazon

Will check it more thoroughly as it's been mentioned a few times.. the reservoir elbow that is. As I understand it, there's an o-ring in there that goes bad... the Pegasus would certainly resolve that... forever. Fingers crossed it really is leaking and that's all it is. Simple fix if so!
Hey @tri4autism,

Did you find your leak? If it was the quick-disconnect at the bottom of the tank, you might want to check out our replacement expansion tank. Our tank replaces that QD and a portion of the stock line with a proper barbed fitting and silicone hose. The QD fitting on the tank isn't designed to hold a hose with a worm-gear clamp and we've seen a few continue to leak with that method.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or if we can help in any other way!

-Steve

·
Registered
299 Posts
When installed properly that pegasus kit is bang on. It is a little janky in construction, but it does work.

·
Registered
109 Posts
When installed properly that pegasus kit is bang on. It is a little janky in construction, but it does work.

"janky in construction" that is a good way to describe the Pegasus kit. I installed mine about a year ago, and you definitely know it's not factory, but like you said it gets the job done

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bad news... I think, appears to be both turbos leaking at their coolant connections... not sure I want to tackle this one myself.

IMG-4358.JPG IMG-4354.JPG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts