F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
221 - 240 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Edge CS2, Kicker PowerStage
200 Posts
I would make a joke about skipping leg day, but I suspect big muscle shows up tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: looqw

·
Premium Member
4,489 Posts
Awesome! It’s too bad they didn’t have a fan and did all three runs back to back.

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
Didn't have cool air blowing into the CAC or radiator ?

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
Nope, just strapped it down, did a calibration pull and then 3 short back to back pulls. Poor truck was probably pulling timing like crazy on the 2nd and 3rd run.
yeah I’m not sure what was worse, no air blowing in the front, or the fact the rollers hardly slowed down from the previous pull before he’d start the next one. Total time on dyno was probably like a minute and 30 seconds lol…

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #232 ·
Well I did another little mod today, I can’t say I’m a fan of the look of this one but it’s more for functional purpose, I am going to be doing much more driving on backroad highways at night these days so figured a little extra help spotting the deer wouldn’t hurt!

Nothing fancy, just some Amazon specials.

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Wheel Car

Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 ·
First of a few new things for the truck showed up today, Bwoody Front Diff brace to help keep the wheel hop down. OZ tuning has them at 20% off currently!

Overall I would bet it is half the weight of the VAS brace but seems like it is great quality so if it gets the job done that’s a plus. It also allows me to keep the skid plate on once installed too!
Rectangle Font Gas Art Visual arts

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #235 ·
Well I can confirm the Vas is a much easier install. Both require drilling. However fishing the little back plate to the right location inside the crossmember to mount the BWoody was a bad time. This is only a 11-14 issue as the 15+ have a little access hole conveniently from factory where you can hold the backplate into place during install.

overall I’m sure it’s going to do the job well and it was nice to be able to just bolt the skid plate back on after, should keep the brace nice and clean too!

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
Looks sturdy (y)

Reactions: looqw

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Well I can confirm the Vas is a much easier install. Both require drilling. However fishing the little back plate to the right location inside the crossmember to mount the BWoody was a bad time. This is only a 11-14 issue as the 15+ have a little access hole conveniently from factory where you can hold the backplate into place during install.

overall I’m sure it’s going to do the job well and it was nice to be able to just bolt the skid plate back on after, should keep the brace nice and clean too!

View attachment 175088
I have the VAS brace and can attest it’s a fairly simple install

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
I have the VAS brace and can attest it’s a fairly simple install

Yep I borrowed @Blown F-150’s VAS brace this year and the two holes to drill through the crossmember is much simpler. However I will take the harder install to be able to keep the skid plate in place!

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #239 ·
Well she looks pretty ridiculous right now with the Cali lean going on. As always I’m changing things up, I had a DJM flip kit kicking around so I decided to put it in the truck, will still be getting a rear lift shackle to bring it up an inch fron here!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light Car

Luckily the first of the parts to take care of the front end showed up today, and I just got notification of some more getting shipped today. So far I’ve received the VAS Coilover conversion brackets. These will be used to mount Viking double adjustable coil overs.

Sleeve Material property Collar Jewellery Button

Automotive tire Sleeve Tool Gas Drilling

Last time I was lowered the camber was way out of spec and it wore my tires so I decided to do it properly this time and have some IHC adjustable upper control arms coming too!

221 - 240 of 255 Posts