F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
241 - 260 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Well she looks pretty ridiculous right now with the Cali lean going on. As always I’m changing things up, I had a DJM flip kit kicking around so I decided to put it in the truck, will still be getting a rear lift shackle to bring it up an inch fron here!

View attachment 175340

Luckily the first of the parts to take care of the front end showed up today, and I just got notification of some more getting shipped today. So far I’ve received the VAS Coilover conversion brackets. These will be used to mount Viking double adjustable coil overs.

View attachment 175342
View attachment 175341

Last time I was lowered the camber was way out of spec and it wore my tires so I decided to do it properly this time and have some IHC adjustable upper control arms coming too!

Its not as bad as this guys. I read it’s called the Carolina squat. The place it all started. It’s so bad there that it is against the law and you can get a ticket for to much of a squat.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
Here we say "hey is that pickup takin a poop"

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
Put the Vikings in the other day! Then I decided today would be a good time to go back out and set the preload (it’s -34°c). Truck is looking pretty sweet I think, Saleens will tie it all together

Motor vehicle Gas Engineering Auto part Machine

Light Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

If the front wheel looks funny to anyone else as well, it’s slightly turned to the right.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
Man I like it alot !

Reactions: Tim_M and looqw

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
Well the final pieces to the front suspension showed up today. IHC adjustable upper control arms! They are very nice quality, hopefully perform just as well.

Light Musical instrument Wood Gas Audio equipment

As usual I wasted no time putting them in, IHChas suggested adjustments for each drop height which made fixing the camber much easier.

Automotive tire Black Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive fuel system

One more thing to report on, I finished the rock lights up last week and went for the first drive in months, I think they turned out well!

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 ·
Well I ended up removing the RAS from the truck, I would have loved to keep it but it did not provide enough lift in the rear and would have sagged to much if I decided to tow, I will say if you want to improve ride quality even unloaded definitely look into RAS it was awesome!

Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Hood

With the RAS removed it left me with a huge .5” of travel or less, obviously this was not going to work

Automotive tire Wood Tread Gas Automotive wheel system

My initial idea was to get some airbags to lift it back up and at the same time resist bottoming out. Also the added benefit of being able to air all the way up and tow normal loads. However my concern was if a bag ever failed I would be riding on my .5” of travel again. So I decided to also get some DJM 1” lift shackles in order to not be fully dependent on the airbags.

Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Gas

Got the lift shackles in as well as the Airlift Slamair 59210 kit. The rear now sits .25 higher than the front of the truck. With only the minimum air in the bags I’ve now got about 2” of travel and can up that at any time with the bags, I’m confident this setup should work well!
Side not I had to trim up my rear mud flaps because they would now catch the curb, speed bumps etc. not something I initially took into account!

Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Grille

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #256 ·
Latest and probably one of the last additions to the truck for quite some time is this Innovate Ethanol Sensor / Gauge with Autometer Gauge pod. Last summer was a

Speedometer Vehicle Motor vehicle Gauge Plant

I had bought the BCB splice kit to make the install easy which at the time was listed for 11-14 trucks, since then they have specified only works with 15+ so that was very frustrating, ended up piecing together my own setup.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Car

Just waiting now on the EcoPowerParts intake tubes and that should be it for quite a while! Hopefully they come soon!

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
13,093 Posts
Looks WICKED

Reactions: Tim_M and looqw
241 - 260 of 273 Posts