·
Registered
3,138 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
Ive been very busy over the last month and a bit trying to clean up the truck for a big car show we have here in Calgary, I didn’t post the work I was going as I went along so I’ll try and catch up now.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Car Vehicle

Starting with the ugly yellow stained coolant tank it really took away from the look of the engine bay so I took some black paint to the coolant tank and master cylinder reservoir. I left a window to still be able to check the fluid level.

Eyewear Wood Automotive design Grey Rectangle

Looking at the CPe intercooler, it comes in a rough cast aluminum finish which I decided didn’t look so great especially with all the chrome on the truck, so a couple hours each evening for a week of hand polishing and I was able to get it to a shine I was happy with.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design

After polishing the intercooler I realized the AC lines could also be polished so I did a little work on them as well!

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #266 ·
Automotive lighting Flash photography Body jewelry Rim Automotive exhaust

Just a small detail but got a New Mishimoto Oil cap to replace the old yellow and black plastic oem one. It was every so slightly bigger in diameter so I actually had to take some sand paper to the filler tube to get it to fit in.

Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Added some underhood lights which will make more sense later but they will be dual function if I ever have to work under the hood in the dark too!

Automotive lighting Hood Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Happy that I got the angles right the first try, they light up the whole engine bay!

Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Tire

Polished up the catch can while I was going at it with the polish everywhere else!

Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Vehicle

Had got rid of my engine cover years back but I realized there’s no way to make our intake manifold look nice so I picked up another engine cover, it needed a little cleaning…

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

Just a shot of the completed Reservoir tanks, the cleaned cover on, mishimoto oil cap, and you can’t quite tell from this picture but a lot of hoses and wires tucked and rerouted to clean things up!

Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tread

I pealed the stickers off everything in the engine bay to clean it up even more but the glue residue would not come off the the throttle body. So naturally I tried some polish on it and it looks much better, with some proper time spent I could have it looking even better.

Camera accessory Gadget Font Auto part Electric blue

Wanted the engine cover to stand out even more so I gave vinyl wrapping a shot. Turned out pretty good I thought, wrapping small letters is not recommended for any sane person!

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Car Automotive design

Finished engine cover in the engine bay looks great!

Land vehicle Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Polished intercooler reinstalled looks much better than before!

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #268 ·
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

This next bit is my favourite part of the changes! I took the small catch can, bov cap, afe intake pipes and eco power pipes all to get powder coated. A local company called powder works did an awesome job doing them in prismatic powders illusion pink!

Kitchen appliance Gas Machine tool Kettle Auto part

Also gave me the opportunity to clean the bov up to like new condition for the first time!

Light Triangle Wood Red Bumper

Purple Home appliance Red Fender Gas

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

fought long and hard to get them back in the truck aligned properly but overall I think it turned out awesome!

Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Purple

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 · (Edited)
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

All of this was in prep for a big local show called “Driven”. @Mikey_Ltd and our friend Heath with his turbo 5.0l made the 3hr drive down for the show as well! It was nice that @Blown F-150 made it out most of the day too!

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light

Vehicle Car Tire Land vehicle Wheel

Overall I am so happy with how it turned out! The truck looked great at the show.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Also with the show being mainly targeted to the import/tuner crowd we were blown away by the amount of attention the trucks got, it seemed hardly anyone walked by without giving the trucks a look!

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
12,639 Posts
Wow
What a difference the details make.

Thanks for repping the White Ecoboosts too! :)

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #271 ·
Wow
What a difference the details make.

Thanks for repping the White Ecoboosts too! :)
Thanks! All the small changes with a few big ones came together pretty well! Really don’t know what to do next, maybe I’m finally done?!

Of course 😎

·
Registered
1 Posts
Beautiful! 12th gens are my favorite. The viking coils, saleens, and even the pops of color are perfect. For the hood lights over the engine bay, if you run those while the truck is off, is there a big draw on the battery? I presume the lights under the truck would be running while it is on.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
Beautiful! 12th gens are my favorite. The viking coils, saleens, and even the pops of color are perfect. For the hood lights over the engine bay, if you run those while the truck is off, is there a big draw on the battery? I presume the lights under the truck would be running while it is on.
Thanks! I was able to run the LEDs under the hood and under the truck for the entire 7hrs we were there and the truck finally died in the last 10 minutes so I think if I ran them for only 5hrs it would work well and not drain the entire battery

261 - 273 of 273 Posts