F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always had diesels and decided to venture in to something different. Started with a 2013 Platinum cause I heard you could make awesome power with the EcoBoost platform. I’m a bit crafty and enjoy doing things my way... I can never turn away a good deal. So far-

- full LED conversion, blinkers, interior lights, bed lights, mirror puddle lamps, license plate lights

- separated and paint matched my headlights and tail lights

Came across a guy on Craigslist selling some parts off a 15 F-150 that had been wrecked with 2k mi on the parts. I think I offered $500 for-

• AFE Momentum intake
  • MBRP catback exhaust with resignator delete
  • UPR catch cans new in box, clean and dirty side
The intake didn’t fit so I cut my old air box off the coolant reservoir and mounted the Intake. I then fabricated a custom air box for heat deflection. The exhaust mounted perfectly. I called UPR and bought a dirty side catch can kit and added it with the clean side of the kit I had received. The extra catch can I didn’t need was given to my buddy with an SRT8, he just had to purchase a mounting bracket.

I then found a SCT Livewire TS+ on Craigslist for $300. I ran the canned tune for a bit and custom mounted the tuner on the dash. Super clean and hidden to prying eyes. I wanted a bit more fun then what I was getting so I went with SSI tunes. I’m fully aware of all the drama associated with SSI but personally I couldn’t have asked for better customer service in a timely matter with delivery of a bad ass product. The truck runs like a raped ape but is manageable for daily driving. Sean had me buy two tunes and had the first delivered in 30min to my email... when other companies are charging a fee to get your tunes within 24hrs?!? We agreed I’d request the second tune when I bought additional supporting mods.

Got the itch to bump her up a little more. This morning I was looking at Intercoolers and noticed 2011 Wagners on sale for $400 at American Truck. I did my research and noticed there’s no BOV mount on the 2011 Intercooler. So the gears got turning... at that price point I could buy- Intercooler, hot and cold piping, and blow off valve for the price of a Intercooler and blow off valve. I made a calls to a few companies and decided on-

-2011 Wagner competition intercooler
  • Mishimoto hot and cold intercooler piping
  • Turbosmart Blow Off Valve
  • Turbosmart weld on flange
I called an incredible local fabricator in Denver and he’s going to mount my BOV flange on the cold side of the Mishimoto piping for $75. Once parts arrive and are installed I’m going to holler at Sean at SSI for my tune that will support the additional mods.

I have a full Raptor suspension sitting in my garage- shocks, CV axles, control arms, leaf springs, literally everything, even nuts and bolts front and back... can’t decide if I want to pull the trigger on that project or keep the old EcoGrizzly a sleeper grandpa truck. I’ll post pics if anybody is actually interested. I’m super stoked on the build and how it’s coming along.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am shocked individuals still purchase SSI tunes or maybe that is why the tune came so fast because of no business. Good luck. Start planning for a motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
615 Posts
I am shocked individuals still purchase SSI tunes or maybe that is why the tune came so fast because of no business. Good luck. Start planning for a motor.

There are so many other reputable companies that make great tunes. Fk SSI and the psychopath that runs it.

To the OP. Seems like you have everything squared away. Should be a fun truck.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She needs a bath. Can’t wait to throw in the Intercooler, custom fabricated hot/cold side intercooler piping, blow off valve, and new tune.

I dislike Fila shoes... but I don’t walk up to people on the street insulting their shoes?!? That’s absurd. Sean hasnt done me dirty in the slightest or been anything close to rude and I have no issues with his tune whatsoever, so if nothing arises I have no shade to throw. Hearsay and excuses aren’t my cup of tea, I’m more of a fun haver and life liver, **** happens and life goes on.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are so many other reputable companies that make great tunes. Fk SSI and the psychopath that runs it.

To the OP. Seems like you have everything squared away. Should be a fun truck.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
I appreciate you expressing your opinion like a functional member of society and encouraging the build! You might know a thing or two about adulting.

·
Registered
197 Posts
People who join forums and don't utilize the experiences of others never cease to amaze me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Utilizing the experiences of others is subject to an array of variables. Joining a forum hasn’t seized to amaze me... the amount of all knowing elitist jargon is unreal. Nobody has even bothered to inquire about what tune I'm running. Kinda reminds me of Boulder Colorado.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Utilizing the experiences of others is subject to an array of variables. Joining a forum hasn’t seized to amaze me... the amount of all knowing elitist jargon is unreal. Nobody has even bothered to inquire about what tune I'm running. Kinda reminds me of Boulder Colorado.
Why would anyone inquire about what tune you're running when your op clearly says you're running SSI? We're just trying to help you avoid costly trouble...call us elitist if you like.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Read your previous post... you sound like the definition of a pretentious all knowing elitist. What level tune you’re running has direct correlation to- windows being blown in blocks. A little confused if you know anything about variances in tuning?!? Not pushing a threshold and being greedy has a lot to do with that... as well as preventative maintenance.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Read your previous post... you sound like the definition of a pretentious all knowing elitist. What level tune you’re running has direct correlation to- windows being blown in blocks. A little confused if you know anything about variances in tuning?!? Not pushing a threshold and being greedy has a lot to do with that... as well as preventative maintenance.
What crawled in your rear end today? Just trying to help you out. If you don't want to listen, that's fine. Enjoy being the only SSI supporter on the site.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
I'll draw some ire for this possibly, but as much as I enjoy this specific forum, and it IS my favorite among the various kinds of forums I frequent, still it IS a public forum with all the typical trappings. Lol

In other words, it has its prejudices and moments of bloodlust. (figuratively speaking)

So, although you wouldn't be surprised by that fact, you might not have been aware of the historical record here regarding the tune-vendor you mentioned. But believe me when I tell you that there was significant focus on this forum on the subject. Directly. And as a result, it became one of the various hot-button topics from then on.

I personally have never done business with the vendor and so I tend to reserve my response accordingly. In fact, based on similar topics that have been witnessed over time, I'm convinced that it's rarely presented impartially by either side of a controversy.

I do know that it is entirely reasonable to believe that you are running a good and safe tune. Especially if you are knowledgeable enough to have oversight. Why anyone would believe that's not possible would simply them choosing to dig in. :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Subbed for the raptor suspension

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Lol.

That'll be far more productive!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Productive for who? Lol

I love seeing write ups of these because it's just another guide I need to follow

·
Registered
249 Posts
OP, if you are building on a budget keep your eyes on the "For Sale" forum. lots of folks are upgrading their 2011 to 2014 trucks to something newer and selling off their performance parts. More than half my build is second hand and about half priced.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Received my Mishimoto hot and cold side intercooler piping in the mail and took it to Ouroboros Fabrication to have the Turbosmart flange welded on. The guys over there did a great job so I also asked them to improve on my homemade air box and build me an aluminum one. (I pick that up tomorrow but pic is below) I received my Turbosmart Bov and Wagner Intercooler as well. I installed everything and took a few pics along the way. The quality of all the products are spot on! The intercooler piping was a son of a motherless goat to install. Being the stereotypical male that I am... I decided to not watch the instructional install video... thinking it’s just intercooler piping. Watch the video, haha. The clamps have a certain place and they vary in diameters by the slightest amount. I’m super stoked how it tuned out, can’t wait for the snow storm to blow over tomorrow and get out for a drive.

I just ordered some-

XD Machete Crawl true headlocks 17x9

Fuel Gripper MT 35x12.5

King coil overs with reservoirs
Camburg uniball upper control arms
Custom billet rear blocks
2017 Raptor rear shocks

Hoping to install the suspension stuff end of next week. I’ll post more pics of the cooling system tomorrow when I get her outside and cleaned up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Well this just got interesting

1 - 20 of 56 Posts