F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love it when parts arrive on Friday! It gives me an excuse to decline the dinner party with my wife and a bunch of squawking geese, aka her friends.

So I installed the Rancho Quicklift a few weeks ago and now I am 1/2" - 5/8" high in the front compared to the back. To each his own, but this Platty ain't gonna rock the pre-runner look. Below is a picture after the Quicklift was installed. These shocks are freaking awesome until you hit a speed bump or a pot hole. They unload so hard it feels like the wheel is going to fall off. I have played with every setting possible and the dampening changes, but the unloading is still harsh. I'll keep them to see how they wear, but I am saving all my stock setup just in case. I love the lift it gives me and I plan on going with a larger tire on the stock wheel when these wear out. Most likely Duratracs
Full size side view.jpg

I want some rake so when I load up the sand bags for traction in the winter it's at least level. I don't like the rake some are experiencing with a 3" rear block, so I ordered the Truxxx blocks from Amazon for $88 shipped. They claim 1" of lift although they measure 2-1/8+"" and not the 2" as described and my stockers are 1-1/4". My front wheel wells measure 39" and the back are 38-1/2". I'll take post pics and post tomorrow with dimensions. Hopefully this helps other guys out there.

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Did you do a 2.5" up front? I apparently got the truxx 1" kit and it was a 1" block to stack on top of the 1 1/4". I now have a 3/4- 1" rake rather than 2". 2" HBS up front. Looks good with stock wheels and tires.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you do a 2.5" up front? I apparently got the truxx 1" kit and it was a 1" block to stack on top of the 1 1/4". I now have a 3/4- 1" rake rather than 2". 2" HBS up front. Looks good with stock wheels and tires.
Hi there. No, so I got exactly 2" of lift from the Quicklift strut assemblies on the front. I really wanted to stay under 1" of rake with any option from a rear block. I even called Robyn at Truxxx and she told me that they were the best in the industry and that stacking blocks is not a good idea! HA!

I may go the HBS route if these Ranchos don't calm down.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My new quicklifts hit hard too. I was sick over it in the beginning. Love the handling, idk abt the dampening tho

1 - 4 of 4 Posts