F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my stock truck a couple days after I got it home. Picked it up on 12-12-2013
IMG_4156.PNG

Here is my truck today! TonneauPro tri-fold bed cover, OEM mudflaps, HBS 2" leveling, Remote access starter, Mirror reflectors, Ecoboost badges and 4x4 decals deleted, PTM grille surround from an FX4, and Raptor wheels/tires.
IMG_4157.PNG

I may end up putting the black grille back in the PTM surround now that the Raptor wheels are on, but not sure yet. Trying to have a nice flow of red, black and chrome.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
How about a full frontal shot? I too have a Race Red XLT and I would like to see your grill more.

Reactions: Raiderfan1890

·
Registered
7,395 Posts

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
OP, truck looks great! I would ditch the chrome nerfs tho

Boosting hard, boosting safe since 2013

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Agree on ditching the chrome! Looks good either way! Making everything black would just tie the Raptor Wheels & Tires in that much better.

And welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
We Race Red XLT trucks know what I meant.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Truck looks sweet!
How does the ecoboost handle those hefty raptor tires?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How about a full frontal shot? I too have a Race Red XLT and I would like to see your grill more.
IMG_4159.PNG

I thought the full chrome grille was too much so I bought a new take off FX4 grille with the race red surround and swapped the surround. Looks a lot better in my opinion but now with the raptor wheels I may just put the black grille on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Grille (2).JPG

$_57.JPG
For anyone wishing to do this mod here's a quick tip. I learned this the hard way myself, but make sure when you're looking at grilles that you get the identical style one. The second picture is the grille I originally bought thinking all the surrounds were the same, but they are not. The clips on the back are not in the same location and the shape of the surround at the bottom is different around the corners. Both grilles will fit the 09-14 trucks as they are, but the surrounds are not interchangeable. The first picture is the grille that I used the surround from. The black grille itself I still have and may put on my truck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Truck looks sweet!
How does the ecoboost handle those hefty raptor tires?
Thanks for the compliments guys! So far I see no difference except the tires have a little bit of road noise. Buy hey it's a truck! No rubbing so far, even with the mud flaps. These mud flaps are actually from my 2006 F-150 that I traded in, they are a little small with the raptor tires but it keeps some of the debris off the paint. I would like to find a bigger set in the future that won't look too goofy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts