F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '13 FX4 SCREW that I'm looking to do a good bit of mods too, but when it comes to tuning I'm looking for reliable power. I'm not so concerned with buying the tune with the biggest output, but the one that has the least chance of grenading my engine. I also want one with a nice readout that can give me a display of gauges that Ford left out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
SCT has monitors that work as gauges but don't offer tuning options. I think Livewire offers both though.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I would suggest Stage3 Motorsports and the AFE Scorcher Module. It isn't a tuner, but a plug n play turbo boost of a few pounds that makes one big difference. For the Stage 3 sale price of under $225 with free shipping, you would be hard pressed to find a better bang for the buck improvement. If at a later time you want to go with a tune, this can be piggy backed with the tuner.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SCT has monitors that work as gauges but don't offer tuning options. I think Livewire offers both though.
I've been looking at the livewire and the edge cts. I haven't been able to decide which i like better.

·
Registered
537 Posts
If you want bang for the buck on gauges, I would recommend the ScanGauge II. It is a simple plug n play that should offer you what your looking for as well as the ability to scan for any CPU codes as well as clear them out.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sct livewire! I loved mine, the canned tunes that come on it are pretty good, and sct devices are probably the most popular for custom tuning. SoCal, unleashed, 5 star, mpt, full race was working on developing tunes. I'm sure there's still other tuners that can do custom tunes for sct devices/ecoboost's as well.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sct live wire it is! Thanks for all of the help guys!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts