F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to order a 2014 Super Crew Ecoboost 4x4. I'll be ordering it with the 6-1/2 ft. bed BUT can't decide between the FX4 or Lariat. I'm looking for a list of ALL available options that can ordered with each trim level prior to going to talk to the local Ford dealer.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I really like the interior of the FX4, nice and sporty. Similar to the Raptor's interior.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'm pretty sure the FX and the lariat our pretty much the same in options the FX has painted to match bumpers and you can get 4.10 gears if you want and are supposed to have a better suspenion for off road. the lariart is nicer on the inside. thats how i understood it. they are right about the same price fully loaded

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
If you are talking to me i sit at work for 12 hours day with nothing but the computer to keep me busy I've built a lot of vehicles on line
My post was meant for the OP. I think your prior post is correct but he asked for a list.

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Oh my bad
But to the OP think that through a lot that what i regret about my truck is buying thre XLT
What does my XLT with XTR trim have that's not better than FX4 or Lariet or king ranch?

·
Registered
523 Posts
I predominately did the same thing you did. I like you evaluated the FX4 and Lariat trims.

Two factors involved for me. The time, and the F150 brochure. Online information I found ok, but the brochure answered 95% of what I was after. In the back of the 2013 brochure there are break outs for the trim levels, details on what is included in option packages and individual options. It was here I gained the majority of the information I was after.

Secondarily I followed up with the dealer to confirm a couple of combinations options I wasn't certain if they were superseding, one canceling out the other. I built the truck online several times and compared back to the brochure and a build sheet the dealer gave me before I ended up pulling the trigger.

Obtain the Ford F150 brochure online - > 2013 Ford F-150 | Download a Brochure | Ford.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I predominately did the same thing you did. I like you evaluated the FX4 and Lariat trims.

Two factors involved for me. The time, and the F150 brochure. Online information I found ok, but the brochure answered 95% of what I was after. In the back of the 2013 brochure there are break outs for the trim levels, details on what is included in option packages and individual options. It was here I gained the majority of the information I was after.

Secondarily I followed up with the dealer to confirm a couple of combinations options I wasn't certain if they were superseding, one canceling out the other. I built the truck online several times and compared back to the brochure and a build sheet the dealer gave me before I ended up pulling the trigger.

Obtain the Ford F150 brochure online - > 2013 Ford F-150 | Download a Brochure | Ford.com
First, thanks for all of the suggestions. I've done the Ford build your own online along with looking though the brochure, kbb.com & Edmunds.com. I was looking for a copy of the 2014 F-150 order guide. That way, I can make sure that I get all of the options that I want/need.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I don't have an answer for you on obtaining the order guide outside of the dealer. In my case I took my scenarios to the dealer and had them build them into the ordering system. This was my last validation before ordering.

·
Registered
137 Posts
For what it's worth I spent a year looking before I pulled the trigger. Drove both the FX4 Eco (my son has one) and a Lariat. If you want comfort go with the latter, if you want sport go with the FX. I bought a 12 4X4 Race Red (same color as my Mustang) Lariat Eco with 23K on it. Every option minus the DVD. Even had a roll top cover (which is freakin awesome and water tight). Pure sex. Had other trucks pull alongside and give me a thumbs up.....now only if I could keep my foot away from the firewall......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts