F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys, this is my first post and unfortunately it's in the problem section. I have a 2014 Tremor with 23,000 miles! I just bought it. So it has ran good and all up until yesterday. I noticed that it felt weaker so in order to tell I hooked my SCT iTSX up to check the performance results. (I just got the programmer and I am waiting on a tune from MPT) and where I was running about a 6.4sec 0-60 the best I can get now is about an 8sec. Now the truck is bone stock other than a lowering kit. And it ran fine for a day after I hooked the iTSX up to it(again with no tune, just to see parameters). I noticed on the datalog that boost is peaking around 15 and between shift dropping to almost nothing! And between shifts I hear a noise that sounds like the BOV relieving pressure that I don't remember hearing before the problem. I know this is unrelated and totally crazy but it seemed to start after I changed the oil yesterday and refilled with AMSOil Signature 5w-30 and am AMSOil filter. Any help at all is GREATLY appreciated as I need to know if I need to take it to the dealership before I install the tune, AFE intake, 170° thermostat and Turbosmart BOV. Thanks guys!!

·
Premium Member
3,087 Posts
I'd definitely take it to dealership before mod's , but it sounds strange that it started after oil change. I would always go with factory oil filter no matter what oil I put in. Others will post more thoughts and recommendations. Welcome to the site and sorry for problems your having but not to worry things will come out ok just a hick up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright Guys this is gonna sound crazy... But I changed my oil today and went back with Motorcraft synthetic blend 5w30 and a motorcraft filter and the truck runs like a top! So I'm gonna assume it was the Absolute Efficiency AMS Oil filter being to restrictive?? But I have some AMS oil 5w30 on the way and I will only change the oil to see if there is any difference and I will post here the results. I can't believe the oil and/or filter made my truck run like crap! But super happy to have it running smooth!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts