F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any 2014 ecoboosts out there with either canned or custom tunes? My strategy code isn't supported yet on the SCT device.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Are there any 2014 ecoboosts out there with either canned or custom tunes? My strategy code isn't supported yet on the SCT device.

Thanks
SCT is working hard to get all of the 2014 PCM codes supported. I talked to them today about one for a local customer and they assured me next week. If you need some help, just let me know.

·
Registered
929 Posts
What exactly changes with a strategy code? Why aren't all strategies the same for the all trucks that have the same option configs like engine, gearing, etc.?

·
Registered
178 Posts

Thanks
All that means is that SCT doesn't have canned tunes yet for our strategy. I've got a 2014 Tremor and purchased a SCT 3015 simply for the purpose of installing custom tunes. I bought a couple of tunes from 5 star and one from Unleashed and all work fine. The strategy is just needed for the tune, not the tuner itself. (that's my understanding anyway)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well a custom tune would still need a strategy code though. If SCT doesn't support it then how can there be a custom tune for that strategy?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts