F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Is there rust on it, like you have up on the hard lines mount to the frame?

It seems like it has a little lip that allows crap to gather in there, water etc, and could cause rust.

I will definitely pull those two plastic clip off each side and put some fluid film on mine to prevent this in long term.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Looks like if you buy OEM parts, they sell the entire line(s) only. This actually shows me, there are o rings for the lines into the transmission, I did not know were there! I thought I had everything, damnit. I am about to pull my transmission and def do not want to reuse stock. I will order these tomorrow.

Heres what you would need:

BL3Z-7R081-D Oil Cooler Tube
Cooler Pipe

3.5 LITER
$66.33

·
Registered
52 Posts
common problem I was told. I JUST did both lines & tube assy on mine. as I too had a leak in the exact same location. be glad you caught it before further damage.
BL3Z-7B028-A tube - oil cooler
BL3Z-7B028-C tube-oil cooler
BL3Z-7R081-D tube assy ( this one is from the side of the tranny

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
common problem I was told. I JUST did both lines & tube assy on mine. as I too had a leak in the exact same location. be glad you caught it before further damage.
BL3Z-7B028-A tube - oil cooler
BL3Z-7B028-C tube-oil cooler
BL3Z-7R081-D tube assy ( this one is from the side of the tranny
The first two you posted, he does not need.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Lines are changed out. Return line was the one broken, but replaced everything, as there was rust visible. Lost quite a bit of fluid, but there was a fair amount in there, as in about half of the 13 quarts still in it. That was comforting that it was not dry. Runs and shifts perfectly, thank God! Definitely need this tool to get the job done.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 2014 F150 EB. Got home from cabin last night. Almost all the way home and stopped at stop sign. Truck lurched forward when accelerating. Then revved up and went nowhere. Got it home and barely made it up the driveway and shut it off. "Wrench" light came on right then. Got out of the truck and fluid everywhere on the ground underneath intercooler. Half of the intercooler was wet and dripping. Looks like tranny fluid to me. Not sure where it's coming from yet, as it's been pouring out since last night. Any thoughts?? Thank you!
I had the acceleration problem once, ended being broken motor mounts. The ending would torque when accelerating and intermittently pull the carburetor linkages and the truck would take off...but this was back In The 70’s

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
I second the question. Mine has right at 100K miles on the clock. Is this something I should do as preventative maintanance? Does the transmission need to come out?
No, the lines push into the side and are held in with a bolt. I put the part numbers in my previous post.

Unhook the rubber guard under the truck and look at the EZ connectors on passenger side and follow the hard line up to the frame, you can see if any surface rust. They go over to the front mount cooler.

Put some fluid film on to prevent rust.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts