F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I’m new here and hope I’m posting this correctly.
My truck went into the no crank, no start condition in the morning after a passenger tripped the theft alarm. I cancelled it right after with the only working key which the truck calls MyKey. I didn’t try to start it til the next day. There is power to all accessories and such, I’ve tried to start it in N without success. I checked fuses and refitted them. I reseated the relays and swapped #62(wiper motor) into the following locations; #2 starter, #7 run/start, #8 fuel pump, #10 power train control module. Swapped fuses #27 fuel pump relay power to #76 power train cont mod. Fuses were all good. I checked inside panel for fit too. There are two distinct clicks after key is put in start position from the right pass side. No code reader. Advice, next best step, hints please. Thank you. Brad

·
Moderstrator
1,528 Posts
Not sure I can help - but here is a chapter from the 2009 - 2014 Workshop manual on the PATS. This may help you with troubleshooting this issue.

Attachments

• Helpful
Reactions: stereotype one

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I read a lot of the PATS diagnostic stuff and believe that if I can put the ignition into start and the display says I have a MyKey then PATS should be ruled out??? I cycled engineering mode and seen the original batt was 11.7v. Well, a lot of reading and watching stuff on YouTube brought me to get a new battery. A 2014 OEM battery was thought to be the culprit, nope. I cycled engineering mode again and same voltage, 11.7v. I tried a boost this morning after waiting the 8 hrs down time as suggested, nope. I learned of a magnet trick to bypass the starter relay and to remove the fuel pump relay for a few minutes to reset that. First is fuel pump relay then starter relay trick.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure I can help - but here is a chapter from the 2009 - 2014 Workshop manual on the PATS. This may help you with troubleshooting this issue.
Boatwaco,
I read that manual and came to believe It isn’t PATS as there isn’t a warning from the cluster and it flashes “MyKey”. The engineering check said two MyKeys and 1 Admin key registered. I have one remaining MyKey. Thanks for the steer and the PATS manual to boot!
Brad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts