F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 482 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered a blue 2014 FX2 eco to be here the begining of august because I have to modifiely it to replace my current 2014 dodge ram,as the custom seat and lift for the wheelchair has not been working out to well....I needed everything done by the end of august or begining of sept 2014...The dealer Call and told me it would be here 8/15 then said it will be even later by 2 months, I have purchased a ranch ,and the house will be ready in Sept or October..It will be livable the end of august or begining of sept..My son starts school the end of Aug,so I needed to be ready to move then.. I only ordered one because there was not one matching truck in the whole state.So I search again 2 months later and there was only one truck with the same specs i wanted in the whole so I got lucky..It was not blue,but a Black supercab Fx2 eco with appearance package ..So i had them do a dealer trade for it,although i didnt want the moon-roof or the nav,but oh well..being i got 9k off a extra 1k for being a disabled vet..I jumped sort of,lol...it looks better in black anyway !!

I am havin extensive metal works lower it with air bags so the frame will sit on the ground,so i can get in with my wheelchair..they are removing all the stock suspension,adding custom made tubed control arms,new fender wells,notching the frame,cuting the center out of the bed for the rear diff to come up into the middle of it,adding 6 piston calipers,and big rotors,Semi truck ford airbags,and a four link in the rear..there is a bunch of other stuff as well..
it will have hand controls,and a bunch of extra Hp, I am wanting 500rwhp,and 600-650rwtq..as far as rims i like the 20 inch stock black ones,so i may keep them or order black deep dish in the rear...
AS far as anything else ,its got the sony stereo in it,but i may add a couple hundred extra watts,and change speakers...
the doors are going to be widen,and open up past 90 degrees,and removing the running boards..
I am going to tint the windows to 5%,legal because i have a doctors note,due to being blind in one eye..
I have added the ford search system App in case its stolen,and can be found in under 22 mins,so they say..
I pretty much has every option on it..
I am going to ad some bright lights to go with the stock HID
I am going to add inside lights
I am going to add GT500 hood
Every decent performance part I can find that I can also see what it makes without a tune, alone,and then what it makes combined in a package with other parts that balance each other together best..
I am going to add meth,mode the turbo's,increase the fuel supply,with a little spray.
Then maybe I will stroke it later down the road..Because from what i read the motor is pretty much rock solid as it is.
The reason I am lowering it so much ,is because I am a disabled vet,and wheelchair bound,normally before that happened in my life I would either leave it stock,improve the handling,or jack it up,but i have never bagged it down to the ground before...
I am
The rear end housing is going to be shorted 2 inches on each side,adding stronger axles,a better 3.55 rear gear instead of the 3.15 that came with it..
Here are some pictures from the dealer I found it at in San Antonio...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok Now I have written the basics for the plan,I went to the dealer today as the truck came in after I had the dealer do a dealer trade within the state..I had to be happy knowing that someone else was going to put up to the first 500 miles on my truck picking it up,and driving it across the state...So it showed up with 200 miles on it instead of the 20 the dealer said it had in San Antonio ,no big deal..I spent 3 hrs signing the paper work checking it out,etc finding out my insurance card was expired..
I have been allowed to keep my trade in for 2 weeks after I purchase as I have to use it to go to the doctor,and the shop needs abput a week to remove the handicapped equipment out of my 2014 dodge ram hemi quad cab..I purchased it in Dec 2013,and have only put 1100 miles on it..I kept having issues with the equipment that ADA installed in the truck,for some reason the seat would get stuck either inside or outside either leaving me hanging in the seat or outside with the door open ,and unable to go anywhere with my truck left open,and easy to steal stuff out of it...
I will post a picture of my hemi truck so you can get a Idea of what I am talking about... They are going to put the truck back to completely stock for the most part..the truck it's self i have no issues with,it is a great truck,and ran really good...but it got its ASS kicked by the ECo boost on the way home,totally stock,30hp less,and it pulled about the same off the line,then after secon gear it walked on the hemi for a little ways then the hemi caught up,and then the eco Boost pulled away,although I let up I do not think the Big 5.7 hemi would of been able to catch back up,as it was 2 trucks a head...although the hemi had 3 people in it,w wheelchair lift,and a front seat that weighed twice as much as stock..I can not wait for the extra 150 plus Hp coming,HEE HEE HEE HEE
a down seat.jpg a seat.jpg a sesat1.jpg a seat2.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is some pictures of the truck at the dealer,man it looks good,much better in person than I thought it would..the funny thing is and its weird that I am more excited about the truck,than I was when i picked up my 2013 ZL1 Vert Camaro,that had a LPE750 hp kit in it...I think its because I will be able to come and go as I want in this truck where the ZL1 i had to have someone follow with my wheelchair in their car,and my dodge truck it takes 2 people to help me get in and out of it...the F150 hopefully I will have complete freedom,and can come and go as I wish for the first time in a while as a disabled VET....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FINALLY the truck has made it home,and it has taken the Hemi parking spot,and kicked the poor Ram out to the Disabled parking spot in the lot..
I still have not even driven it or in side it,as No hand controls....
It is going to be dropped off at ADA tomorrow to have the hand controls installed in it..That might be as long as 3 days..
Then it will go to Extensive Metal Works here in Houston to begin the 4-6 week install Job,I will take as many pictures and post them as I can..
I am going to have them pick me up with a fork lift on a pallet in my wheel chair so I can transfer into the truck,and then take it for a joy ride before they start building it,as I want to drive it,and feel the difference between stock,and the airbags system they are going to install.
It might land in a magazine possibly after talking to them..
It is also going to get some work done by fastlane here in houston,nick is a good friend of mine,and has done 3-4 cars for me in the past..they are the stars of the T.V show called Gear heads on M.A.V T.V.Channel...
Anyway here is my new F150 all tucked away at home tonight finally

Oh and thats a picture of my Zl1 that nick/Fastlane helped do with LPE..That my little girl upset that her dad is about to sell it...
Fastlane does really good carbon work,bodywork,performance mods,and hydro dipping..which I will be having a lot don

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
Wow! Beautiful truck and camaro, wish my fx4 had the appearance package. This will probably be the most modded truck on the forum. Looking forward to watching the progress. Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
First of all, thank you for your service.

Second, great looking fleet of vehicles. The black on black pair will look awesome sitting next to each other when finished, with both sitting close to the ground and mean looking... can't wait for the finished product.

Also I LOVE your avatar. I am considered a gun lover. haha

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
One thing I noticed is the F150 seems to be a lot narrower than my ram was...
Welcome from another Ex Ram Owner (had a 2011 RCSB Hemi and a 2013 2500 CrewCab Hemi).
The F150 certainly feels like it's abou 8-10" narrower, I think they just don't stuff the driver / passenger as close to the doors as the Ram does.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Will be following your build bud

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I need help with any Ideas,how to...All are welcome...I want any info on GT500 heat extractor for the hood...like issues with water getting into the engine compartment...water channels for the extractors..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice truck!! i have the same one but a 2013 and i love it.. oh if you go crazy custom with it and decide to change grills out i am looking for one like yours.. i like the new grills better than the C clamp style that came on mine. keep the pics coming as you get it done.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Wow you must have a lot of money and a cool wife to allow you to do all these modifications! Can't wait to see updated pics

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ekstensive metal work is top notch great choice, they redid my expedition. Good luck man.
Do you have any pics of their work on your truck ?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Do you have any pics of their work on your truck ?
I have quite a bit just have to dig them out. I had another shop attempt to do it and it was a disaster. I had to buy another Expedition and have my best friend swap engine harness,redo my a/c re weld some miscellaneous items etc... Then had to pay Extensive metal works to go over it and re doe many things. But I can tell you there fabrication was amazing and cool guys. I'll try and dig some up.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update,Ok it has gone to ADA to have the hand controls's installed,and to remove the running boards,it looks much cleaner without them I think...I have a brand new set of them for sale now if anyone wants them,I will be selling the new parts as they come off, being the truck has only 200 miles on it I consider the parts pretty much still new...
Here are some pics of it being worked on,and the finished results...That was a quick 800 bucks,yet ZERO hp gain,lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here are the Hand controls installed,They have left the cover off because I have not gotten in the truck yet,and the rod positions will need to be adjusted for my legs..the cover has a hole for the center rod,but not for the ones on the outside that go down to the brakes,and gas...I am going to have to have a roll control installed,so i can heat up the tires ,because I can not hold the brakes,and apply the Gas at the same time..The roll control will also allow me to bring up the boost for better 60ft times,etc...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 482 Posts