F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to install an aftermarket stereo myself ( a very bad idea ) . When I removed the old stereo, I found one of the plugs had been cut and I do not know what wire goes where. I have the stereo working. Except almost daily, the stereo resets the clock and date and starts at the language screen. . I have the acc. wire running to the radio fuse in the kicker panel. Also, in the morning the radio does not start with the truck but usually comes on a few min into my drive. During the day, it usually turns on and off with the key. Originally had 8 inch Sony with factory amp. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am about to loose my mind. Had the radio out countless times trying to figure out the issue. I took the truck to a stereo shop and they said with the plug cut, they would not touch it . 2014 F150 Ecoboost Fx4. thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,977 Posts
The yellow wire goes to the battery or an 'always hot' source. The red wire goes to accessory or 'key on power'.

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
You didn't use an adaptor harness ?

Reactions: Grim Reaper

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
Ya you're gonna need to find appropriate youtube videos and start from scratch.

Reactions: Grim Reaper

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Ya you're gonna need to find appropriate youtube videos and start from scratch.
I agree. I find putting something like 2014 Ford F150 Stereo Wiring ..(stereo name if possible).... And 90% sure, someone's done a video.

Sometimes you get lucky and there may be multiple videos from others and each will contain "something extra" the other videos missed.

But combine all in you brain, and usually you will get right.

But the one question I have, do you think it MIGHT be the stereo itself? Or does this look more like a poor connecting wire and losing power? That can help diagnosing your issue.

Good luck. I hope you strike pay-dirt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree. I find putting something like 2014 Ford F150 Stereo Wiring ..(stereo name if possible).... And 90% sure, someone's done a video.

Sometimes you get lucky and there may be multiple videos from others and each will contain "something extra" the other videos missed.

But combine all in you brain, and usually you will get right.

But the one question I have, do you think it MIGHT be the stereo itself? Or does this look more like a poor connecting wire and losing power? That can help diagnosing your issue.

Good luck. I hope you strike pay-dirt.
I guess it could be the stereo. It is brand new but I have been surprised before

1 - 8 of 8 Posts