F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Kinda wish that I would have got that over the Roush black led one that I have, that looks so awesome, as though it came factory on the truck! Great DIY also

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice job! This is what I am wanting to do to my 2014 XLT. XLT's have blue needles on there gauges instead of red though. Speed Hut offers white needle with blue glow. I would like to find out if I can make the needle glow all the time to match the factory gauges and if the blue matches it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I ordered my speedhut gauge yesterday so I can do this install and all of the pics are gone! Any way to get those back up? Thanks
Will do, sorry about that...I got tired of photobucket so switching all my pictures over to a different hoster

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the thorough write up, really helped me install mine. The only difference for me was I ran wire behind the center console to the fuse box and used add a fuse connections. Did that so its a quick removal if needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks for the thorough write up, really helped me install mine. The only difference for me was I ran wire behind the center console to the fuse box and used add a fuse connections. Did that so its a quick removal if needed.
Looks great!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Very nice! Looks amazing

·
Registered
1 Posts
J3st3r,

Thank You so much for your write up. I just completed an install today on my 2014 king ranch. I used the roush vent pod instead. I ran into a problem and I am going crazy trying to figure it out. I followed everything in your write-up. I put both white wires together and connected them to the purple wire on the 4x4 switch then I put both black wires together and connected them to the dash brace with a ring terminal and finally I hooked up the red wire to the violet/green wire (pin #6) on the wire harness on the left side of the steering wheel.

So as soon as I turn the key and the gauge receives power the needle keeps moving back and forth from the 10 to the 30 on the vacuum side and does not stop. I then turned the truck on and same thing. I went for a drive and same thing!! This is so frustrating. Its such a simple install and Im stumped. Could I have received a bad gauge?

Thanks in advance guys for any suggestions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know that this is digging up bones but if you see this reply could you tell me,does your speedhut boost gauge light up with the instrument cluster like after the dash lights of your truck go out,because when you open the door all the dash lights come on but then go out after a set time but the instrument cluster is still lit during all daytime use so i didn't know if it stays on all the time that the instrument cluster does or not??? I would like it to look as much like factory as i can,so would like to know if i would have to hook into a wire that goes directly to the instrument cluster or if hooking it up like your post shows would do what I'm wanting to do. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I know that this is digging up bones but if you see this reply could you tell me,does your speedhut boost gauge light up with the instrument cluster like after the dash lights of your truck go out,because when you open the door all the dash lights come on but then go out after a set time but the instrument cluster is still lit during all daytime use so i didn't know if it stays on all the time that the instrument cluster does or not??? I would like it to look as much like factory as i can,so would like to know if i would have to hook into a wire that goes directly to the instrument cluster or if hooking it up like your post shows would do what I'm wanting to do. Thanks for any help!
Mine is hooked into the lights(4x4 switch), not the gauge cluster.
So when you either turn the lights on, or the auto turns the lights on,
the gauge will light as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
OK thanks! that's what i was wanting to know. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mines in the mail...Thanks for the install and pics write up. Mine is a 13 but it should be very similar and if I can't find the same color wire I will do some internet searching.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did You Ever Get It Figured Out?
I havent gotten around to installing it yet. I am still out of the country for work. It is on my long "honey do" list when I get back. I have a pile of parts building up as the weeks go by and my girlfriend keeps asking when Im going to have time to do all these chores and the "mods"...I just keep telling her I can sleep when Im dead. HA HA HA I won't do a write up when its on but I will take some pics after.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great write up. I just ordered one for my Tremor. Undecided on the mount though. Don't like the cheap aftermarket apiller molding but may have no choice for now. I plan to add a factory grab handle to my oem pillar molding don't have timeline...........

21 - 40 of 44 Posts