F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Okay you win!
Wasn't trying to make it a winner/loser post. I was just trying to give the OP all the facts I have learned over the past 18 months trying to find the best alternative for mounting a winch to our EBs. I am sorry if I came across that way.

If it is any consolation, I am needing to put a winch on my truck, but can't seem to find the $2K needed to do so by either 1) a new front bumper replacement, or 2) a Full-Race CAC and hidden winch mount.

AK4wheeler

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good god that thing is ugly. Was it built by the A-Team?

As discussed before and I will reiterate again, for the 2009-2014 body styled EBs, the ONLY winch bumper that will NOT block the OEM CAC is made by Hammerhead. I have researched all bumper manufacturers and Hammerhead is the only company that has DESIGNED a bumper for the EB platform. Their design raises the winch up to leave the OEM CAC opening unrestricted.

https://hammerheadarmor.com/product/ford-f150-eco-boost-with-winch-tray-x-series-2011-2014/

AK4wheeler

·
Premium Member
4,681 Posts
Pretty sure that one is function over form. (rare these days since our trucks are very much a fashion statement, as well as our truck)

It definitely looks like it was designed to get the job done no matter what. BEEF

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was looking for this solution also. i decided on this bumper: DV8 bumper that houses a winch. I need more intimidation. It seems like everyone wants to either cut you off or make illegal left turns into you. it happened again, 2 weeks ago. M144004514.jpg

·
Registered
423 Posts
I was looking for this solution also. i decided on this bumper: DV8 bumper that houses a winch. I need more intimidation. It seems like everyone wants to either cut you off or make illegal left turns into you. it happened again, 2 weeks ago. View attachment 158622
Are you upgrading the CAC with a Full Race version that relocates the CAC behind the grill? If not, you might want to start saving for the Full Race kit because that bumper will block all airflow to your OEM CAC.

I wish you luck.

AK4wheeler

21 - 25 of 25 Posts