F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I changed all my spark plugs out after having a misfire a week ago. Chi changed only the spark plugs, no boots or anything. Was going to see if anyone has had anything similar happen. I forgot the exact spark plugs I used, but I was told they were the same ones that Ford uses. I was told you’re not supposed to gap the ones I got also. Appreciate any help or advice.

·
Registered
2013 Screw XTR BCB Tuned
859 Posts
Check the gaps, change the boots, and you could have a bad coil. These issues are thoroughly covered using the search bar. Actually even google comes up with plenty of info on this. Quite common on these year trucks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the gaps, change the boots, and you could have a bad coil. These issues are thoroughly covered using the search bar. Actually even google comes up with plenty of info on this. Quite common on these year trucks.
Okay thanks.

I googled it and looked on some other threads, but most of what I looked at was cover 2-3 years ago or so. Seemed like there could be a couple different solutions, so I just thought I’d see if there was something else recently.
Appreciate it.

·
Registered
2013 Screw XTR BCB Tuned
859 Posts
Okay thanks.

I googled it and looked on some other threads, but most of what I looked at was cover 2-3 years ago or so. Seemed like there could be a couple different solutions, so I just thought I’d see if there was something else recently.
Appreciate it.
Nope. Pretty straight forward. If you replace the coils, you don't need boots for that cylinder. Boots are dirt cheap on Rockauto. Plugs these prefer the .030-.028 gaps, make sure porcelain isn't cracked on the plugs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the same problem. I did the coils and plugs. I still had the issue and particularly when punching the gas hard. Replaced the throttle body. 15 minutes to complete. No problem anymore.

·
Registered
2013 F150 Screw 3.5L Ecoboost Oxford White
111 Posts
Nope. Pretty straight forward. If you replace the coils, you don't need boots for that cylinder. Boots are dirt cheap on Rockauto. Plugs these prefer the .030-.028 gaps, make sure porcelain isn't cracked on the plugs.
Definitely check for cracked plugs. If you side loaded the plugs at all when torquing them down you're at high risk of cracking them. Speaking from experience. They also don't need to be torqued down that hard. Finger tight then half a turn with a wrench at most usually.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts