F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
the numbers are very good, but the 1/4 mile time is to slow for the hp, and tq.
I could be wrong but the dyno was at a more favorable elevation than the drag strip?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,250 Posts
I had the pleasure of getting to go for a ride in this beast last Saturday. Very nice truck and well built.

Keep up the great work Mikey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I could be wrong but the dyno was at a more favorable elevation than the drag strip?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
The dyno was better da then when i ran at the track. Im not sure of the Elevation at the shop where we dynoed its about 30-35 minutes north of the track. I dynoed the truck Saturday again when @Blown F-150 ; did his. Only reason i did is because i was curious how much a set of rims that 25lbs heavier a corner effected hp and it wasn’t even a notable loss like 10hp compared to a factory size and weight 20” setup

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Not at all given the weight, da, and elevation. Truck did a 13.8 with 434hp and 618trq that dropped off quick when on oem turbos

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I had the pleasure of getting to go for a ride in this beast last Saturday. Very nice truck and well built.

Keep up the great work Mikey!

Thanks. Better now that you mentioned doing a kam reset between tuners shifting went back to normal. Wish i would of did it before i took you for a rip. Learned lots Saturday which was great. I try to take whatever i can information wise in

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Yeah I agree I’ve ran 12.’s in my truck with stock turbos’s but I’ve got a 4link with airbags on nitto’s 335/45/22’s and a narrowed rear end 6 inches on either side plus it’s a FX2 which is a 4x4 without the front diff,so I’ve got the rear LDS which locks the rear until 35mph..,so there’s lots of reasons his times could be slower, (as a Gen2 4x4 can run 11’s on stock turbos)..ive also got a type of hand controls,(being a DVET )which prevents me from bringing the boost up ,& doing a burn out,so I have to leave off idle..although I’m at sea level.about 300ft above..either way I’m not sure what he means by a gen2 down pipe,? As it wouldn’t fit because the turbos are different,and the down pipe from what I’ve seen is routed differently..also even if it did,it wouldn’t gain anything over running a aftermarket gen1 down pipe ,like say my catted kooks down pipes.. anyway either way he’s got a cool truck..and the color I wanted until they had a shutdown or something at the ford plant.. what’s crazy is a gen2 on stock turbos making 600rwhp lol..granted it’s e85 but 11.6 On stock turbos ouch it’s just unfair lol..think I read a 2.7 made 440rwhp on stock turbo & 93..RBM wrote awhile back the gen1 was easier to tune and can make more power, but I just don’t seem to see it at least not on ford parts, or maybe it was when gen2 first came out ,? Not sure..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Yeah I agree I’ve ran 12.80’s in my truck with stock turbos’s but I’ve got a 4link with airbags on 335/45/20’s and a narrowed rear end 6 inches on either side plus it’s a FX2 which is a 4x4 without the front diff,so I’ve got the rear LDS which locks the rear until 35mph..,so there’s lots of reasons his times could be slower, (as a Gen2 4x4 can run 11’s on stock turbos)..ive also got a type of hand controls,(being a DVET )which prevents me from bringing the boost up ,& doing a burn out,so I have to leave off idle..although I’m at sea level.about 300ft above..eeither way I’m not sure what he means by a gen2 down pipe,? As it wouldn’t fit because the turbos are different,and the down pipe from what I’ve seen is routed differently..also even if it did,it wouldn’t gain anything over running a aftermarket gen1 down pipe ,like say my catted kooks down pipes.. anyway either way he’s got a cool truck..and the color I wanted until they had a shutdown or something at the ford plant..
I have spd gen 2 raptor catless 3” true dual downpipes on my truck. True dual 3” exhaust from manifolds back with rear bumper cutouts.

Weight, air density, elevation, fuel quality all play factors.

What fuel were you running for a 12.8 on stock turbos? What was your race weight? Elevation and da?

My mph in the 1/4 to weight is bang on. I ran a 28.4” tire which brought made my effective gearing shorter.
AlsoKeep in mind this is a 4’th gear pull which is our 1:1 gear that we dont use in the 1/4. My 3’rd gear run was 479hp/603trq.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,646 Posts
Yeah I agree I’ve ran 12.80’s in my truck with stock turbos’s but I’ve got a 4link with airbags on 335/45/20’s and a narrowed rear end 6 inches on either side plus it’s a FX2 which is a 4x4 without the front diff,so I’ve got the rear LDS which locks the rear until 35mph..,so there’s lots of reasons his times could be slower, (as a Gen2 4x4 can run 11’s on stock turbos)..ive also got a type of hand controls,(being a DVET )which prevents me from bringing the boost up ,& doing a burn out,so I have to leave off idle..although I’m at sea level.about 300ft above..eeither way I’m not sure what he means by a gen2 down pipe,? As it wouldn’t fit because the turbos are different,and the down pipe from what I’ve seen is routed differently..also even if it did,it wouldn’t gain anything over running a aftermarket gen1 down pipe ,like say my catted kooks down pipes.. anyway either way he’s got a cool truck..and the color I wanted until they had a shutdown or something at the ford plant..
What is LDS ?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Im Thinking he means lsd as in a limited slip differential.

Oh ok. Thot I missed something.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I have spd gen 2 raptor catless 3” true dual downpipes on my truck. True dual 3” exhaust from manifolds back with rear bumper cutouts.

Weight, air density, elevation, fuel quality all play factors.

What fuel were you running for a 12.8 on stock turbos? What was your race weight? Elevation and da?

My mph in the 1/4 to weight is bang on. I ran a 28.4” tire which brought made my effective gearing shorter.
AlsoKeep in mind this is a 4’th gear pull which is our 1:1 gear that we dont use in the 1/4. My 3’rd gear run was 479hp/603trq.

Isn't our 4th a tad lower than 1:1 ?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
1.14:1, so close.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
lol, yeah I meant LSD .thumb failed me,D&S being next to each other on the key pad..
If this was the 1960s, I would think it may be a Freudian Slip. :unsure:

Reactions: Arkansas Eco
21 - 39 of 39 Posts