F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6,060 Posts
No it is not, unless you have factory nav, that adds something...but these go out of date quickly.

The best option is to swap in SYNC3.

· Registered
93 Posts
I've been considering this....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,512 Posts
My SYNC sucks... I don't even use it anymore.. I've posted lots of times on the trouble with mine and it all centers around the trucks microphone not working, so renders it basically useless for the phone.. It works when it wants too, and only when you take it into the dealer to look at it!

But, it really does not offer much more than that anyway, so no big deal for me.. I just use the speaker option on the phone, so it's hands free at that point anyway.. I plug my iPod into the USB and get all the steering wheel controls for it, so it's way better then the blue tooth connection anyway.

I think you can also connect to your Ford user account and upload your trucks "health status" or something like that... But, not interested in that either..

Mitch

· Registered
10,181 Posts
No. You can upgrade to Sync 3 though which has android auto and apple carplay, both of which vastly improve the experience. Ive had both in a ton of rentals and its fantastic. The only reason i have not upgraded my truck is cause i generally don’t drive places where i need navigation.

· Premium Member
5,107 Posts
I did the Sync3 upgrade on my 2014. I’m pretty happy with it, especially for the cost and OEM fit and finish. Apple play for me was a big reason, but also the quicker and better layer out UI was a pleasant improvement.

I am a pretty big SiriusXM user too and the sound is noticeably improved over the Sync2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
6,060 Posts
I never had a single problem with sync 2, using it to make calls etc, but that is all it does. There is no other use, besides connecting blue tooth.

You could play video games through it if parked, sync 3 does not allow for that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.