F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014-ford-f-150-tremor-01.jpg

2014-ford-f-150-tremor-00.jpg

2014 Ford F-150 Tremor comes standard with the company's powerful 3.5-liter EcoBoost® engine, offering V8 performance, V6 fuel economy and a launch-optimized 4.10 rear axle with electronic locking differential

Short-wheelbase, regular-cab Tremor offers stylish FX Appearance Package and functional features that include a floor shifter, class-exclusive HID headlamps and standard SYNC® with MyFord Touch® connectivity system

All-new truck's distinctive looks are complemented by unique boxside Tremor graphics and custom-inspired interior

DEARBORN, Mich., June 27, 2013 – The 2014 Ford F-150 Tremor is the first-ever EcoBoost®-powered sport truck that addresses the needs of street truck enthusiasts looking for high-performance V8 power with V6 fuel economy.

The short-wheelbase, regular-cab Tremor goes on sale this fall delivering distinctive looks and performance. The all-new truck couples the style of the FX Appearance Package with an EcoBoost engine and a launch-optimized 4.10 rear axle – the shortest final drive ratio offered in an EcoBoost F-150 – helping provide customers with fast acceleration.

Tremor signals its sport truck capabilities with a custom-inspired FX Appearance Package featuring stealthy, flat-black accents that include unique 20-inch flat-black wheels, stylized bodyside graphics and black badges with red lettering.

Tremor is the only regular-cab F-150 offering a flow-through center console and bucket seats. Interior touches include black leather seating surfaces with red piping, brushed-metal accents and a red-stitched steering wheel. Alcantara seat inserts add texture and style as well.

"The new Tremor gives F-150 customers yet another option to drive a highly capable, distinctive performance truck with features typically found only in the aftermarket," said Brian Bell, F-150 product marketing manager. "Plus, the Built Ford Tough EcoBoost engine is available for the first time in a short-wheelbase F-150."

F-150 Tremor is powered exclusively by Ford's groundbreaking 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine, which features:

365 horsepower at 5,000 rpm on regular fuel
420 lb.-ft. of torque at 2,500 rpm
Twin independent variable camshaft timing for improved performance and fuel economy
Up to 90 percent peak torque available from 1,700 rpm to 5,000 rpm

An electronic locking rear differential that's standard for both two- and four-wheel-drive versions helps deliver the power to the pavement by improving traction during takeoff.

Connectivity comes standard on F-150 Tremor with MyFord Touch® powered by SYNC®. Designers have optimized the physical interface for MyFord Touch to accommodate truck users who may be wearing work gloves by providing easy access to climate controls and audio presets on the center stack.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd love to see some pictures of the interior. It looks good, reminds me of the old Lightning but just not quite as much performance.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cool! It's my FX-2 with seating for only, well, two (the jury's out on the 80's-vibe side stripe). I dig the grille and would seriously have thought about ordering this last spring but am glad I have a little more interior room as a supercab due to kids.
4.10 would have been nice too instead of the 3.73 I ordered but I'm already having traction issues, lol.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It's a decent looking truck, but not "different" enough to warrant a special name in my opinion. Especially the name Tremor. There's nothing scary about a stock setup truck with some stickers on the side. The Lightning was a truck that deserved it's own name. I'm sure the price on the Tremor will attract the croud that Ford is trying to target. I've just never been into small (short cab/short bed) trucks. Oh well...maybe a new version of the Lightning with a twin-turbo 5.8L will be around some day.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Spoken like a true 5.0 owner... Actually, the Ranger had a Tremor version that was equipped with a massive-for-the-day stereo set up (thus the name) And just an FYI Vince, only about .02% of EB owners have experienced this issue (statistically). Out of the over 400,000 EB F150s sold so far, that is a statistic others would drool over to have (ask GM owners about electrical problems; RAM owners about tranny problems, etc.) You're invited to go back to trolling the 5.0 forums now... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree the name refers to the CAC condensation problem. Mine shook bad enough to wake up my dog sleeping in the backseat.

I'm really curious what they have done with the CAC as the TSB's haven't fixed it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When it said "Floor Shifter" I thought Ford actually put their brain back on and put a slick manual transmission in the Tremor. But sadly no. It's another booooorrrrrrring automatic. It does look nice, but Ford's lazy-mans-drivetrain methodology has to go. As a GenXer, I love manuals. And a lot of my friends my age love stick transmissions. Why does Ford think it's still catering to older drivers who are automatic lovers? (no offense to those in that age group). My next truck will be a Dodge manual diesel (heaven forbid I mention the D word here - it still gives me shivers) . Why? Cause it's diesel and it's manual. And I love both. And so does most truck owners but are loyal to their brand (as am I). But I need to go with the options that are offered, even if it is Dodge.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
When I spec'd mine on line I tried for a 6 1/2 standard cab but couldn't get it with the Ecoboost option. This thing it HOT!

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I don't think you can get a manual in any pick up these days. Heck, they're even putting slush boxes in Class 8 Semi tractors!

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
If you're building a drag car/truck (as this is targeted) an automatic transmission is optimal for turbo set ups. Like you said, it's "your age" that prefer shifting gears. In reality, when you're building a turbo powered car/truck, a built auto tranny is the smarter decision.

Seems like a couple people come in to troll, then leave.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am not an engineer, but I would consider lowering the truck substantially and give it a real stance. (Bilstein anyone?)
And to make it special, give the transmission a shift kit and more boost from the turbos. An SVT exhaust would help too.
The interior looks like an FX4 and the body a parts bin truck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
14 Participants
curtis249
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing