F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings. First time poster, long time Ecoboost fan and owner. I got back from Afghanistan in January and hastily picked up my 2014 Tremor. I have done alot of homework/research, and I have determined that I am going to upgrade my Tremor in three stages:

Stage 1 - Drop-in AFE FIlter + 5 Star Tuning 91 Performance Tune + Stainless Werks catted downpipe & exhaust
Stage 2 - Full Race Intercooler with Tial BOV and Methanol Injection
Stage 3 - Upgraded turbos.

Any thoughts/suggestions/feedback? Lucky me for the turbos/intercooler, I live in Tacoma, WA about 20 minutes from Turbo Technology.

I know there have been alot of builds/potentials on the forums, so looking to consolidate them into one place.

Currently running Stage 1, and I will post pictures, etc to follow.

Check out my initial review on my truck here:

0-60 Stock Traction Control on:

0-60 Stock Traction Control off:

0-60 Stage 1 Traction Control on:

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
She should scream!

Let us see what she looks like!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I like the plans for your Tremor. Please post pics and let us know how the build goes!!

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Sounds like a plan! I just did an sb intake, and a FR exhaust. Hoping to have meth and mpt tune installed by this time next week. Ordered my FR CAC this week so should see it sometime in april. Gonna stop there for a while and do some appearance mods, then may go back performance.

BOOSTING ON MY PARENTS BUDGET Y'ALL

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
tq should be easy. Mike Bambic got 600 hp out of his flex which has smaller turbos than we have.

BOOSTING ON MY PARENTS BUDGET Y'ALL

·
Registered
185 Posts
I haven't received mine yet. But so far, if you haven't done a charge pipe you might want to look for the gusto intercooler setup. May even save a couple of bucks along the way. AMR Performance. Can't wait to see your buildup. The tremors with all the boltons should scream like a scalded e$$ Ape. lol Congrats on the truck, and thank you for your service.(also assuming military)

·
Registered
440 Posts
True race or you mean Full race? IMO I would do catless dp for added performance and just get a cai vs a drop-in filter. In the long run with the tune, a full intake will compliment all the other mods including the tuning. I have the afe stage 2 intake which I love, everyone likes the new s&b intake (I think just cause it's new) but I'd go with a used afe and save some bucks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Full Race is pretty confident the CAI doesn't add as much power more than noise. I am working with the guys at 5 Star Tuning to determine my needs. I can't do catless because this truck is my daily driver and I will need to pass emissions.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Sounds good, just putting in my $0.02 and some food for thought. Either way you go good luck and curious to see how the 4.11 gears work. You plan on taking it to the track and getting some times on it?

As far as cats go, I don't know how they are by you but by me in IL all we get is a obd reading with a scanner showing no codes and a long as no CEL is on then we pass. No mirrors or visuals so it's fine here.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think they are much more stringent here on emissions in Washington State. I appreciate the feedback and constructive criticism of course! I plan on taking it to the track when it warms up.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Full Race is pretty confident the CAI doesn't add as much power more than noise. I am working with the guys at 5 Star Tuning to determine my needs. I can't do catless because this truck is my daily driver and I will need to pass emissions.
Yeah, you really don't need a CAI until the factory unit begins to choke the system, but the factory flows well enough to supply our engines in tuned form. Now, once new turbos go in, I would definitely consider something that can flow more air.

Have you looked into More Power Tuning?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have looked into them. I just ordered the downpipe, exhaust, tune, and drop in filter from 5 star. I will keep you all updated and post pictures/videos when I get them installed.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I have looked into them. I just ordered the downpipe, exhaust, tune, and drop in filter from 5 star. I will keep you all updated and post pictures/videos when I get them installed.
Sounds good, looking forward to when you get to make a pass.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yeah, you really don't need a CAI until the factory unit begins to choke the system, but the factory flows well enough to supply our engines in tuned form. Now, once new turbos go in, I would definitely consider something that can flow more air.

Have you looked into More Power Tuning?
I wouldn't say that. The '13's+ have terrible intercoolers vs '11-'12 models. It's not as much as it is flow (however it flows more stock vs stock) but more for IAT's staying low. Hot IAT's kill power and reliability. I'd do a aftermarket intercooler over any mod I did first.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I wouldn't say that. The '13's+ have terrible intercoolers vs '11-'12 models. It's not as much as it is flow (however it flows more stock vs stock) but more for IAT's staying low. Hot IAT's kill power and reliability. I'd do a aftermarket intercooler over any mod I did first.
I was speaking strictly CAI, the CAC is an entirely different animal. Our factory units are absolutely terrible, and my Full-Race CAC is still one of my favorite mods. It made a huge difference in IAT's during hard runs.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My next upgrade is the intercooler. I am going with the Full Race one. That should alleviate all my cooling concerns.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
My next upgrade is the intercooler. I am going with the Full Race one. That should alleviate all my cooling concerns.
You're going to love it! Don't forget a t-stat.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts