F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
2021 - 2040 of 2053 Posts

·
Moderstrator
4,196 Posts
Much can be done with the right light and angle of the camera. I made that case over on the detailing forum years ago with a vehicle that I owned. It was quite dirty and I took a shot going down the side of the bed on the shadow side of the vehicle. It sparkled like a diamond and everyone praised the pic. I waited for a few days to come clean but I did.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
13,057 Posts
That's proof that truck is pampered. Never been tuned. The wastegates are probably stuck closed.

Right? 🤣🤣

·
Premium Member
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,030 ·
I made the decision today to go ahead and order up the new OEM manifolds. I have a 3000+ mile trip in August and the timing to get the new Full Race manifolds will be tight or late.

Once @full-race geoff is ready, I'll order up and swap in the FR option with some bigger turbo's and injectors to have some fun.

·
Premium Member
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,032 ·
I decided to stop procrastinating and get to it. Man, I don’t like doing this job. I can’t tell you how happy I am that I didn’t skimp on the anti-seize when I assembled.

I only had about 2 and a half hours tonight, but I was able to get to so the drivers side turbo is ready to pop off and the manifold out on the passenger side out. I’ll wrap up the passenger side, before I move to the drivers side.

No broken or loose studs. Looks like the manifolds did indeed just sag. OEM Stainless going in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
13,057 Posts
Nothing surprises me anymore.
What you can tear apart or put together during one evening, while I sit and read a few chapters of a book....... Just crazy

So I took the liberty to zoom

I don't know why I don't know what I'm seeing but what is the material at the base of the valve cover?

White Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Wood

And I wonder how many times you will uncover the etchings that are supposed to be covered for the life of the motor? (or just how many exhaust manifolds can you get out of that bottom end? Lol)

Handwriting Automotive tire Grey Wood Road surface

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Premium Member
13,057 Posts
I gotta admit that they LOOK great in that metallurgical kinda way. :)

Won't it be cool if Ford finally addressed the issue and that's the last time you ever.......

• Haha

·
Premium Member
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,038 ·
I gotta admit that they LOOK great in that metallurgical kinda way. :)

Won't it be cool if Ford finally addressed the issue and that's the last time you ever.......
I truly think these are a permanent solution for anyone that needs to address this issue.

However, I don’t expect this will be MY last set. This is the 4th set of manifolds on this truck after all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,042 Posts
Nice work! That’s crazy, you can see how much exhaust gas had been escaping. That looks like it would be a super big pain to remove all those studs, especially after they’ve been on there for years and years. Makes me kinda glad I don’t have exhaust manifolds.

2021 - 2040 of 2053 Posts