F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
2041 - 2060 of 2068 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,041 ·
Nice work! That’s crazy, you can see how much exhaust gas had been escaping. That looks like it would be a super big pain to remove all those studs, especially after they’ve been on there for years and years. Makes me kinda glad I don’t have exhaust manifolds.
I’m very glad I put anti-seize on everything when I put it together 3 and a half years ago. As bad as those studs look, every one came out without any issues. Most of the nuts came off in the drivers side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,363 Posts
I’m very glad I put anti-seize on everything when I put it together 3 and a half years ago. As bad as those studs look, every one came out without any issues. Most of the nuts came off in the drivers side.

That’s good! You definitely saved yourself some heartache.

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Premium Member
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,043 ·
Should be able to wrap it up tomorrow morning. Just inlet and intercooler pipes left and then some clean up. I forgot To grab pics after the turbo and downpipes were back on.

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
I'm lost. The OEM are the new ones ?

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
So they finally addressed the extra bolt hole.

·
Premium Member
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,053 ·
Done.
Amazing.
Sure hope they live up to what they appear to promise. Truck looks the business.
Probably could have been more efficient, but just wasn’t in a huge rush to knock it out. Other than some fighting with the drivers side turbo and re-doing some of the AN lines, it was pretty pedestrian (which is good, lol).

·
Premium Member
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,055 ·
I decided to go ahead and put air bags on the truck. I’ll be pulling the AAL’s after the trip, just don’t have the time to do it now and waiting on new u-bolts and fasteners anyway.

Very easy install, no drilling. I did a quick and dirty routing of the air lines as I think I’ll do on-board air this fall.

·
Premium Member
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,059 ·
I remember green grass!
(we're drought brown currently)

Nice spot.
No problem with that up here, lol. That water was a 3rd of the way up that lawn about a month ago. Big snow this winter, so lots of water earlier this summer to deal with.

The neighbor on our left is a fishing camp, so gives you an idea on how remote we are in canuckistan.

It would take me about 17 hours to drive to Minneapolis

2041 - 2060 of 2068 Posts