F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1104 Posts

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Looks great!

What do you think about the Morimoto Fogs with your HID's? I put them on my jeep liberty and they really supplemented the headlights well, so I decided to grab the F150 specific ones for my truck. I was a little disappointed with the difference they made which I think is due to how well the HID's work on the F150. Basically, the jeep had crappy headlights so the fogs made a difference, but the F150 already had decent headlights so the difference was minimal.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Nice looking truck!!!! Love all the attention to details. It's always the little things that make the biggest difference. Like what you did with the decals, nice touch. I really like the Raptor wheels on there.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The HID's on this truck have been by far the best OEM headlights I have had on a vehicle. I would agree that's why you don't notice the LED fogs as much. I found that the aim them a little low from the factory, so when I put in the LED's, I adjusted them up a bit. Not much, probably 2 inches at 20ft from the wall. I was really happy with the color and the spread of light off to the sides they offered though. Fairly inexpensive upgrade that looks better turned off or on.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Nice looking truck!!!! Love all the attention to details. It's always the little things that make the biggest difference. Like what you did with the decals, nice touch. I really like the Raptor wheels on there.
Thanks I hope to be putting some real tires on the Raptor wheels this winter. Just have to space everything out as I don't have the funds to spend on vehicles that I used to.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Took a quick pic today to show the rake after the changes to the rear. Sits right where I want it. We'll see what I can do for tires on my Raptor wheels and up the size e bit. the OEM size just looks too small.

A few mods that I believe I forgot to list
- Blackvue DR650-GW 2 channel Dash cam
- Front windows tinted to 50% with Ceramic tint
- AVS in-channel window visors
- Hellwig Rear Sway bar (Awesome mod!)
- OEM Wheel Liners

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Little better pic of after the block came out.

Plan this weekend is to finish up the coating on the Raptor Wheels (using Opti-coat 2.0) and getting them on the truck.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice looking truck man! You have done some awesome customization work that looks great.
Just ordered some of those reverse lights you mentioned. I bought a set already (Philips) but the light output sucks.
Keep up the good work!

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Thanks I hope to be putting some real tires on the Raptor wheels this winter. Just have to space everything out as I don't have the funds to spend on vehicles that I used to.
I'm in the same position as well. My money tree I had in the back yard died. I'm sure all of us at some point or another have been there. But progress is good no matter how slow it may be.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks Guys, priorities can sure change. All well, still having fun with the minor things I've done.

Wheels coated and I'm just going to let them sit overnight to cure a bit before I throw them on.

If you're not familiar with it, Opticoat 2.0 is a permanent coating for paint. I wouldn't normally waste it on wheels (not cheap), but I have some left over that was going to go bad soon. the 20cc's in the syringe would be enough to do two trucks, so a little goes a very long way. It's a bit finicky to apply, so I bought some C.A.R. Bullet Proof coating for the rest of the truck in the coming weeks. I've heard it goes on easier and has the same durability.

sitting in the basement, waiting to go on the truck.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
While waiting for more stuff to happen, I figure I would post up one of my old trucks. 2000 F150 4x4 with the 5.4.

Had it for almost 9 years, bunch of stuff was swapped multiple times like stereo's, wheels, exhaust and headlights.

- Procharger with 42lb injectors, 9psi and custom VMP tune
- SS LT headers with full custom SS exhaust (magnaflow muffler)
- Shaved doors
- 3 inch body lift (too poor for a real lift, lol)
- Spray in Rhino Liner
- 3000watt sound system, mostly pioneer stuff
- Cranked torsion keys
- 35x12.5x17 Pro-comp Extremes on some no namer wheels
- Also had OEM Harley's and Toyo AT II's
- lightning Heads and "clear" tails
- tined Windows
- Acetoned Badges
- remote start

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I really hope I can figure out a way to scrape together some $$$ for the Ridge Grapplers. I saw them in person today and am very impressed.

I was able to get the Raptor's mounted today with some new Black lug nuts. I honestly think they look better with Chrome lugs, so I'll likely order a set of Gorrilla in Chrome. I also went and picked up a AVS Aeroblade bug deflector. I don't think I'll be super happy with the look, but I want to protect the hood from rock chips. The paint on this thing is razor thin. I won't put it on until do the coating on the hood.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Picked up a set of Tux Black OEM fender flares yesterday. I'll have to get them painted to match, but for $50 I couldn't really go wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Well it's time to prep the truck for the road trip. I will be going from Vancouver to Calgary to North-Western Ontario and back. It will be roughly a 3400mile (5450km) round trip.

The problem I may run into is that it is still below freezing here. It will make for a tough time getting the truck properly coated. I am trying to see if I can get into a friend of a friend's shop to do it.

I know there are a few experienced folks here, so I'm open to any input on something I may be missing.

- I plan on coating the whole truck with Opti-Coat and C.A.R Bullet Proof. Some areas will get one, and some the other.
- Aeroskin bug deflector. (every time I cross the mtn's in the winter the front of the hood gets chipped)
- Adding cable to be able to drop the rear seat and store behind it.
- Fluid film and Krown application to all door bottoms, underneath and suspension components
- Windshield washer fluid swapped for low-temp fluid.
- New Ridge Grappler tires, going on Monday
- Flashlight, compressor, tire plugs, tool kit, tow strap, clevis hitch, Regular hitch, boots, sleeping bag, glove, propane heater, tire chains to be stowed behind the back seat. Shovel in the box.
- Small flashlight, knives, multi-tool, etc. in center console.

I will have proper winter apparel by default.

21 - 40 of 1104 Posts
About this Discussion
1.1K Replies
50 Participants
TX-Ripper
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing