F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 40 of 2,323 Posts
Discussion starter · #24 ·
Nice looking truck!!!! Love all the attention to details. It's always the little things that make the biggest difference. Like what you did with the decals, nice touch. I really like the Raptor wheels on there.
Thanks I hope to be putting some real tires on the Raptor wheels this winter. Just have to space everything out as I don't have the funds to spend on vehicles that I used to.

Discussion starter · #27 · (Edited)
Took a quick pic today to show the rake after the changes to the rear. Sits right where I want it. We'll see what I can do for tires on my Raptor wheels and up the size e bit. the OEM size just looks too small.

A few mods that I believe I forgot to list
- Blackvue DR650-GW 2 channel Dash cam
- Front windows tinted to 50% with Ceramic tint
- AVS in-channel window visors
- Hellwig Rear Sway bar (Awesome mod!)
- OEM Wheel Liners

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Thanks Guys, priorities can sure change. All well, still having fun with the minor things I've done.

Wheels coated and I'm just going to let them sit overnight to cure a bit before I throw them on.

If you're not familiar with it, Opticoat 2.0 is a permanent coating for paint. I wouldn't normally waste it on wheels (not cheap), but I have some left over that was going to go bad soon. the 20cc's in the syringe would be enough to do two trucks, so a little goes a very long way. It's a bit finicky to apply, so I bought some C.A.R. Bullet Proof coating for the rest of the truck in the coming weeks. I've heard it goes on easier and has the same durability.

sitting in the basement, waiting to go on the truck.

Discussion starter · #35 · (Edited)
While waiting for more stuff to happen, I figure I would post up one of my old trucks. 2000 F150 4x4 with the 5.4.

Had it for almost 9 years, bunch of stuff was swapped multiple times like stereo's, wheels, exhaust and headlights.

- Procharger with 42lb injectors, 9psi and custom VMP tune
- SS LT headers with full custom SS exhaust (magnaflow muffler)
- Shaved doors
- 3 inch body lift (too poor for a real lift, lol)
- Spray in Rhino Liner
- 3000watt sound system, mostly pioneer stuff
- Cranked torsion keys
- 35x12.5x17 Pro-comp Extremes on some no namer wheels
- Also had OEM Harley's and Toyo AT II's
- lightning Heads and "clear" tails
- tined Windows
- Acetoned Badges
- remote start

Discussion starter · #36 ·
I really hope I can figure out a way to scrape together some $$$ for the Ridge Grapplers. I saw them in person today and am very impressed.

I was able to get the Raptor's mounted today with some new Black lug nuts. I honestly think they look better with Chrome lugs, so I'll likely order a set of Gorrilla in Chrome. I also went and picked up a AVS Aeroblade bug deflector. I don't think I'll be super happy with the look, but I want to protect the hood from rock chips. The paint on this thing is razor thin. I won't put it on until do the coating on the hood.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Well it's time to prep the truck for the road trip. I will be going from Vancouver to Calgary to North-Western Ontario and back. It will be roughly a 3400mile (5450km) round trip.

The problem I may run into is that it is still below freezing here. It will make for a tough time getting the truck properly coated. I am trying to see if I can get into a friend of a friend's shop to do it.

I know there are a few experienced folks here, so I'm open to any input on something I may be missing.

- I plan on coating the whole truck with Opti-Coat and C.A.R Bullet Proof. Some areas will get one, and some the other.
- Aeroskin bug deflector. (every time I cross the mtn's in the winter the front of the hood gets chipped)
- Adding cable to be able to drop the rear seat and store behind it.
- Fluid film and Krown application to all door bottoms, underneath and suspension components
- Windshield washer fluid swapped for low-temp fluid.
- New Ridge Grappler tires, going on Monday
- Flashlight, compressor, tire plugs, tool kit, tow strap, clevis hitch, Regular hitch, boots, sleeping bag, glove, propane heater, tire chains to be stowed behind the back seat. Shovel in the box.
- Small flashlight, knives, multi-tool, etc. in center console.

I will have proper winter apparel by default.

Discussion starter · #42 ·
Thank you for the suggestions.

I don't usually throw any weight in the back, but will be hauling at least 300lbs worth of stuff in the back. I'll be bringing a set of wheels and tires for my pops for my old F350 and some parts for his Cummins. I'll see how it does and decide if I should throw some weight in the back for the return trip. Sand is a great idea, I have some empty tubes I can fill. I do carry chains if absolutely needed.

Totally forgot about the flares, I will pick up some or chemical lights.

I'm a downhill Mountain biker, so there is always a well stocked first aid kit in the truck.

Always carry spare fuses, multi-meter and code reader (usually my tuner on long trips, but regular OBD reader day-to-day).

Open to any other thoughts/input, you never know what you're not thinking of. I leave Wednesday, looking forward to it.

Discussion starter · #46 ·
Made some headway today.

- 285/70/17 Ridge Grapplers installed. already tested on dry roads, wet roads and snow. Very impressed with this tire. I cannot believe how quiet they are!
- Interior cleaned up
- modified the back seat latch so I can easily drop it to access behind it.
- Fit a few things behind the seat
- Recovery Strap
- 75ft of climbing rope
- Air Compressor
- Booster pack
- Seat Cover
- Yoga Matt (nice to lay on if you need to do something in the snow)
- Roll of shop towels
- Clevis Hitch
- Mechanics and Nitril gloves
- Underside and doors hit with Fluid Film and Krown rust inhibitor
- Installed the Aeroskin bug deflector

Still too cold to do a paint coating, so I will just hit it with some good sealant tomorrow.

Discussion starter · #47 ·
Covered 1700 miles to get home and the truck did awesome. Harder on gas than usual, but the winter conditions and speeds did call for it. I also ran the tires a little lower on PSI for traction and that certainly didn't help.

We load back up and head back to Vancouver on Friday.

Anyone looking at new AT's, should consider these tires. Very impressed in winter and wet conditions. On the way here, more than a 1000 miles of the way was snow covered.

Meet up with Pops along the way to transfer gifts (My old truck)

Trip meter so far

Discussion starter · #48 ·
Thanks to the road trip, I ended up with a cracked windshield. Truck goes in for a new one (OEM) on Monday. I'm trying to swing a deal with them to paint a set of Tux Black OEM Fender flares at the same time.

Discussion starter · #49 ·
Found a 3" MBRP cat-back for $100. Guy had it on his truck for 200km's apparently. Looks like new. I'm sure I won't be super happy with the sound, but if I can find a different muffler at least I'll have the rest of the system to bolt right in.

I'll start searching for a bigger, quieter muffler tomorrow.

Discussion starter · #50 ·
No luck with getting the fender flares painted, they wanted full pop. New windshield is in though. Glad I fought for OEM. Carlite is just better glass than the aftermarket options and I still get my FORD logo at the top.

As you may have seen in other threads, I'm toying with getting DP's for the truck. Still leary about doing it while still under warranty, but in the end it's worth it.

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Pretty happy with a great deal from another member on the forum here. A set of GT Turbos were delivered to me today. I have a set of ported Manifolds from Jerry on the way and they should be here early next week. I doubt these will be installed anytime soon as I need some time to get all the install parts together and then find time to do the install.

For now, I'm thinking that I will wait on any other mods until warranty is up, or at least close to. The truck does go to the dealer for Oil Changes as I have FMPP, so I don't need anything obvious on the truck screaming modified like DP's or a CAC.

Stay tuned!

Discussion starter · #53 ·
Washed up the truck on the weekend, finally warm enough for a good hand-wash. The paint feels like sand paper from a rough winter. Hopefully I can get started on paint correction and protection next week!

Summer 20" wheels and tires along with the Sway bar getting re-mounted were also done this weekend.

21 - 40 of 2,323 Posts