F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1122 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Maybe a tube of sand for traction? Don't know if you carry this already. It will provide a little additional weight as a bonus. I'm running 6-60# bags of rock in mine. It's also got the benefit of the 2-300# topper.

Also might not be a bad idea to have flares or chem lights if they're not part of your kit.

You should like the Aeroskin. I've been running one on mine for almost as long as I've had the truck (almost four years).

Trying to think of more...I've always got the first aid kit and some extra fuses.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Thank you for the suggestions.

I don't usually throw any weight in the back, but will be hauling at least 300lbs worth of stuff in the back. I'll be bringing a set of wheels and tires for my pops for my old F350 and some parts for his Cummins. I'll see how it does and decide if I should throw some weight in the back for the return trip. Sand is a great idea, I have some empty tubes I can fill. I do carry chains if absolutely needed.

Totally forgot about the flares, I will pick up some or chemical lights.

I'm a downhill Mountain biker, so there is always a well stocked first aid kit in the truck.

Always carry spare fuses, multi-meter and code reader (usually my tuner on long trips, but regular OBD reader day-to-day).

Open to any other thoughts/input, you never know what you're not thinking of. I leave Wednesday, looking forward to it.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I used to carry an extra set of headlights, but now I have HIDs. Carrying an extra set is prohibitively expensive.

Seems all that's left is to just enjoy the drive! Haha.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Yep enjoy the flat part of Canada. Don't turn into a pile of liberal orange goo when you cross the Ontario boarder. The yuppies might suck you in.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Made some headway today.

- 285/70/17 Ridge Grapplers installed. already tested on dry roads, wet roads and snow. Very impressed with this tire. I cannot believe how quiet they are!
- Interior cleaned up
- modified the back seat latch so I can easily drop it to access behind it.
- Fit a few things behind the seat
- Recovery Strap
- 75ft of climbing rope
- Air Compressor
- Booster pack
- Seat Cover
- Yoga Matt (nice to lay on if you need to do something in the snow)
- Roll of shop towels
- Clevis Hitch
- Mechanics and Nitril gloves
- Underside and doors hit with Fluid Film and Krown rust inhibitor
- Installed the Aeroskin bug deflector

Still too cold to do a paint coating, so I will just hit it with some good sealant tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Covered 1700 miles to get home and the truck did awesome. Harder on gas than usual, but the winter conditions and speeds did call for it. I also ran the tires a little lower on PSI for traction and that certainly didn't help.

We load back up and head back to Vancouver on Friday.

Anyone looking at new AT's, should consider these tires. Very impressed in winter and wet conditions. On the way here, more than a 1000 miles of the way was snow covered.

Meet up with Pops along the way to transfer gifts (My old truck)

Trip meter so far

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks to the road trip, I ended up with a cracked windshield. Truck goes in for a new one (OEM) on Monday. I'm trying to swing a deal with them to paint a set of Tux Black OEM Fender flares at the same time.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Found a 3" MBRP cat-back for $100. Guy had it on his truck for 200km's apparently. Looks like new. I'm sure I won't be super happy with the sound, but if I can find a different muffler at least I'll have the rest of the system to bolt right in.

I'll start searching for a bigger, quieter muffler tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
No luck with getting the fender flares painted, they wanted full pop. New windshield is in though. Glad I fought for OEM. Carlite is just better glass than the aftermarket options and I still get my FORD logo at the top.

As you may have seen in other threads, I'm toying with getting DP's for the truck. Still leary about doing it while still under warranty, but in the end it's worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Pretty happy with a great deal from another member on the forum here. A set of GT Turbos were delivered to me today. I have a set of ported Manifolds from Jerry on the way and they should be here early next week. I doubt these will be installed anytime soon as I need some time to get all the install parts together and then find time to do the install.

For now, I'm thinking that I will wait on any other mods until warranty is up, or at least close to. The truck does go to the dealer for Oil Changes as I have FMPP, so I don't need anything obvious on the truck screaming modified like DP's or a CAC.

Stay tuned!

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Washed up the truck on the weekend, finally warm enough for a good hand-wash. The paint feels like sand paper from a rough winter. Hopefully I can get started on paint correction and protection next week!

Summer 20" wheels and tires along with the Sway bar getting re-mounted were also done this weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
170* T-stat ordered up. Should be here next week. I've put my install parts list together and sent it off to get a quote.

I noticed on the Tasca Parts site, that the Turbo to Manifold gaskets have been discontinued. Anyone else run into this? Part numbers I have are
CL3Z-9450-A. Exhaust manifold gasket right side
CL3Z-9450-B. Exhaust manifold gasket left side

·
Vendor
7,053 Posts
170* T-stat ordered up. Should be here next week. I've put my install parts list together and sent it off to get a quote.

I noticed on the Tasca Parts site, that the Turbo to Manifold gaskets have been discontinued. Anyone else run into this? Part numbers I have are
CL3Z-9450-A. Exhaust manifold gasket right side
CL3Z-9450-B. Exhaust manifold gasket left side
I have the part numbers. They are on my office computer, I can shoot them to you tomorrow

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Spent a bit of time over the last couple of weekends trying to get the paint back in line and looking better.

Usual Two bucket wash, Paint decontamination with DoDo Juice Ferrous Iron Remover, Clay with NanoSkin Clay mitt (fine).

Then onto correction, M101 on Meg's 5.5" MF pad (with my Rupes Bigfoot DA polisher), M205 on a White Lake Country 5.5" Pad. LSP was different on each side (haven't gotten to the hood, roof, tailgate and bumers yet). I didn't have enough time to get a coating on the passenger side, so it was hit with some Wet Obsession paste wax. This weekend, I had some more time when working on the drivers side, so I applied 3 coats of C.A.R. Bullet proof coating. First time using it and it was really easy to apply. I'm used to Opti-Coat and it's a bit more finicky.

Some pics

Iron remover doing it's thing

Iron Remover

Wax

After Correction and Wax

Had to go out into the rain today. Good beading.

Hope to finish up the coating, and remaining panels next weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Hey All, hoping for some input. Here is the parts list I have put together for swapping out the manifolds and turbos.

Please let me know if I'm missing anything, or if something looks wrong. (I think I still have the wrong #'s for the top two gaskets in the list).

(1) Turbo Gasket Right CL3Z9450A
(1) Turbo Gasket Left CL3Z9450B
(6) Turbo Mount Bolt W715673-S900
(1) Manifold to Head Gasket Right BL3Z-9448-C
(1) Manifold to Head Gasket Left DK4Z-9448-A
(16) Manifold Stud W712244-S300
(16) Manifold Nut W701706-S440
(2) BL3Z-9450-A. Downpipe flange to turbo gasket
(4) W716667-S900. Downpipe studs
(4) W520514-S440. Downpipe to turbo nuts
(6) W715673-S900. Turbo to exhaust manifold bolt.
(1) CL3Z-9450-A. Exhaust manifold to Turbo gasket right side
(1) CL3Z-9450-B. Exhaust manifold to Turbo gasket left side
(2) BL3Z-6N652-B. Oil flange gasket for each turbo
(4) W715539-S900. Oil flange bolts.
(2) Orange motocraft Coolant 1 gal.

Thanks in Advance!

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Well, all the parts above have been ordered. Once they are in, I'll grab some coolant and oil to top them back up after the turbo swap.

I've found a few bits around here to sell. Hoping to get funds together for a Full-Race CAC and then put on all the parts at the same time. The original goal was to keep things looking OEM, but in the end I just want to get on with the mods.

Should be hitting the Dyno in the next few weeks to get a baseline of a 100% stock truck and then tune-only.

41 - 60 of 1122 Posts
About this Discussion
1.1K Replies
50 Participants
Blown F-150
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing