F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 1104 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Nitto 305/50/20's ordered up. Should be a 32" tire. So hopefully they don't look too small.
Warning: They WILL look too small to YOUR eyes after being so used to the current macho stance.

You have to look away as you get in the truck for awhile. Lol

Use the tuner to update the tire size. Start her up. Get it warm. Then....... Oh my, this thing was bleeding THAT much power loss wearing them big boots?

It's just physics.

By the way, as wierd as it will look to you, you'll get compliments on the truck with the low profile look. It's just a different group that suddenly likes your truck that didn't before. ;)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
love love them. Very very good taste in a not very easy color selection. Well done. Seriously
You do realize his truck isn't black?

You know, RMB Black?
The only color Ryan Brown thinks any truck looks good in?

·
Vendor
7,050 Posts
You do realize his truck isn't black?

You know, RMB Black?
The only color Ryan Brown thinks any truck looks good in?

Funny thing until these two trucks, 100% were white other than my Harley Davidson 350 powerstroke

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,028
Tires should be mounted up by tomorrow. I doubt the "street' look will really fit with the truck, but they will serve their purpose nicely.
I bought a pair of kicker components for the front doors some time ago and decided to at least get the speakers done at the same time I do the Sync 3 upgrade.

I found a new set of KST25 Tweeters for the A pillars, CS 3.5" for the center speaker and two-way 6x8 CS Kickers for the rear doors. This should work nicely with the stock deck and leave me room to amplify in the future if I ever do it.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Let's know how it sounds! I'm wanting to replace the factory speakers in my truck with a nice upgrade so hoping you'll have good results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,030
I need to get some pics up, but I was able to install the kicker Tweeters with associated cross-overs last night. I hope to tackle the front door speakers and center speaker (along with mounting the new GPS antenna) tonight/tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Looks great! How do they sound? Was it tough getting the A pillars off?

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,034
Looks great! How do they sound? Was it tough getting the A pillars off?

It is better with just even swapping these three speakers. More “mid” coming through.

A-pillars come off pretty easy. Drivers just pulls off and the passenger is pulling the two 7mm bolts in the handle and then giving it a quick pull.

Getting these tweeters in was a little bit of work as I had to use a Dremel and enlarge the holes. It soldered the kicker wires into the stock connectors to make it a little cleaner of a install.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,035
Nitto’s and wheels mounted up. They don’t look as bad as I thought they would. Certainly not as much my style as the Methods, but they’ll do nicely

Wheel color looks good in the sun, but looks like poop (literally) in the shade

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
I thought 15 plus wheels have different offsets or backspace or something and don't work on our trucks? I really like those wheels since day one, i want them.

Is your truck raised or leveled? A bit of a wheel gap, looks more than mine stock, would be nice if you got a bit more sidewall but they probably dont have it in those tires.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,037
The 15+ wheel bolt right on, you just gotta use you current lug nuts. This is the second set like this that I’ve run with no problems whatsoever.

Yeah I would have gone with 33” tires instead of 32’s if they existed. I really wanted the 420s specifically, so I was limited on sizes. These are as big as you can go @305/50/20.

Truck sits pretty close to stock height in the back, maybe .75” higher than stock and front is about 1.75” higher than stock with the way the coil-overs are set right now.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,039
Bet you can feel those tennis shoes compared to those work boots. :)

Pretty big difference on cornering and small bump compliance vs the ATs too. I’m sure some of that is due to reduced sidewall

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
1021 - 1040 of 1104 Posts
About this Discussion
1.1K Replies
50 Participants
TX-Ripper
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing