F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 1104 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,041
For sure. Do what I did and find a set that are scratched up. I picked these up for cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,042
Front door speakers are done. Just to do the rear door and then install the head unit.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,043
Went out and did some testing with e30, just to see if there was any change/difference over e20. Truck seemed to haul the mail pretty good. Not really any change in timing that I could see, a touch more (like half a degree) through the RPM range. Again, not much expected as the tune is really set for straight gas with timing limits raised.

This is a 3rd gear pull. Second "4" is about where I hit it. This is from 70-110mph.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Looking great. Gonna smooth timing out more and see how it does. Slowly moving it up and seeing what it likes.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
That E-gauge is so cool!

As much as I love the modern day vehicle, I find it ironic that with the plethora of sensors and computing hardware onboard, the manufacturers give us LESS real-time legitimate data than the days of analog.

Seems silly not to see real-time temp and pressure data, natively on the dash.

Sure sounds like you got that truck purring like a lion

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
20 degrees! I am stuck at 9 degree max. 😭 That thing must run like a banshee. The other tremor guy on here is testing full e85 right now with 35% pump.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,049
I’m thinking Mike will do some cool stuff with E85. I’m looking forward to his results.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
I love seeing how this is panning out. 20 degrees now timing is awesome! That's what amazing tuning can do Are you planning on going higher than E30?

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,051
I love seeing how this is panning out. 20 degrees now timing is awesome! That's what amazing tuning can do Are you planning on going higher than E30?

Only if we see any benefit. I think we will hit MBT on e30, so we’ll see how things go.

Fuel seems to be solid so far.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
MBT?

If he can run e85, i will fully consider getting a fuel pump next summer.

My plans remain the same, let everyone on here figure it out with their money and then i go with what works. 😀

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
MBT?

My plans remain the same, let everyone on here figure it out with their money and then i go with what works.
Lol

Ummmmm, in case you can't tell, that's been my strategy all along.

If I was Gen1, there's enough out there now for me to know what I'd do and I'd be ready. In fact, this thread would be dang near a blueprint.

Gen2 is years behind, but in the last few months made some headway. (not on this forum. Nobody has a Gen2 high mileage or an out of warranty truck. So it's just the bucket list Raptor guys that are funding the experimentation)

Fortunately there's a considerable amount of development that crosses over.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Not really, you see no dyno numbers or 1/4 times on gen 1 with upgrade turbos. You def dont see anyone with a HPFP, very few and theres not a lot of data logs showing it overall. Noone has ran e85 because it said it cannot be done.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,055
MBT?

My plans remain the same, let everyone on here figure it out with their money and then i go with what works.
MBT is Maximum Brake Torque. Basically the amount of timing that is optimal for a given engine with a given fuel. You can achieve a higher MBT with corn, so the tune has to be set up correctly (there is some tolerance).

It just trying to figure it out using logs, instead of a loaded Dyno.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
If you all can imagine, in the days of early OBD tuning, there were generally 2 spark tables, Borderline Knock and MBT. For the most part, Borderline would be lower than MBT and the PCM is designed to run whichever is lower. Now there are 16 spark tables for Borderline, and 16 for MBT. Makes your head spin sometimes.

On a build like this, we are fast approaching MBT which will become the next limit unless moved up some.

Only challenge now is knowing when to stop. On a dyno, you stop when the power/torque gain is diminishing to a point that there is no benefit to go further, or you start seeing knock, whichever comes first.

Ryan has a decent butt dyno so for now we will use that till one of us chickens out and says "that's good".

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Leave some headroom?

Afterall, the dang thing sounds like it's happy and you gotta believe there isn't, or can't be, much more cieling. Why bump your head? Lol

Now go after the best cockpit you can enjoy the truck with. :)

That E-gauge is a great start. So is the stereo upgrade. Get things like REAL oil pressure, oil temperature, ect, tranny Temps,...... All displayed in a way that the pilot can fly totally IFR with confidence that the aircraft is operating perfectly!

I'm just living vicariously through your truck. Lol

My favorite Gen1 Ecobeast, I believe. :)

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,058
Leave some headroom?

Afterall, the dang thing sounds like it's happy and you gotta believe there isn't, or can't be, much more cieling. Why bump your head? Lol

Now go after the best cockpit you can enjoy the truck with. :)

That E-gauge is a great start. So is the stereo upgrade. Get things like REAL oil pressure, oil temperature, ect, tranny Temps,...... All displayed in a way that the pilot can fly totally IFR with confidence that the aircraft is operating perfectly!

I'm just living vicariously through your truck. Lol

My favorite Gen1 Ecobeast, I believe. :)

Well, we haven’t really made changes to take advantage of the ethanol. So I’m thinking we can raise the ceiling a little bit and know where we sit.

But yes, I agree that the truck feels great and this build was never about making Hrsprs.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
well done sir..... very nice build...... progress for sure!!!!

1041 - 1060 of 1104 Posts
About this Discussion
1.1K Replies
50 Participants
TX-Ripper
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing