1061 - 1080 of 1104 Posts

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Definitely growing on me but those wheels look great 👍🏻

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
MBT is Maximum Brake Torque. Basically the amount of timing that is optimal for a given engine with a given fuel. You can achieve a higher MBT with corn, so the tune has to be set up correctly (there is some tolerance).

It just trying to figure it out using logs, instead of a loaded Dyno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Again, what is this maximum word you speak of?

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,065
By maximum, I mean the most you can advance the timing, before you start to loose power again. Obviously, you’ll get to a point where you ignite the fuel too early and start impacting the rise of the piston.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,066
By maximum, I mean the most you can advance the timing, before you start to loose power again. Obviously, you’ll get to a point where you ignite the fuel too early and start impacting the rise of the piston.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,068
You guys are both wrong, there is no max! Turn it up.
Not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not, but yes there is a maximum that you can advance the timing. You’re either knock limited or MBT limited.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
I'm watching it.
Pretty cool!

I really enjoyed seeing (discovering) max cylinder pressure happening AFTER TDC. (~16-18def AFTER TDC) I never considered that even being possible. I always assumed TDC was max pressure. Obviously I didn't consider the fuel explosion itself)

And it's really interesting, once I got my head around that, that it's not only desirable, but the ignition timing is the method for moving that moment (max cylinder pressure) where it favors the downstroke best.

MBT (discussed at around 40 minutes into the video)

Amazing stuff. Guys like Boosting and Matt66 are such nerds! Lol

I mean that with the utmost respect.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,074
Code snippets and a smiley face in Tapatalk

Odd, I can see the pic, but it’s a blown up version and I can only see part of it.

I tried uninstalling Tapatalk and re-installing. No luck.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Odd, I can see the pic, but it’s a blown up version and I can only see part of it.

I tried uninstalling Tapatalk and re-installing. No luck.

Did you upload the pic within Tapatalk?

If so, as odd as it sounds, that would be progress.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,077
I was able to sell some parts to fund a Dyno run. Should have some data tomorrow.
I will be doing this run on e20. The tune isn't optimized for e20, but I can't burn out enough gas by tomorrow to run straight gas.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
I don't know what to say. Lol

No matter "the numbers" you get, the conversation will change. And no putting the cat back in the bag.

I know measuring is a requirement for development. And worthy, I admit. So are you not finished developing?

Just know this: I like your truck no matter what number it produces. But that's because you have me convinced that you love the way it runs.

Will you change how you feel if it lays down

398 RWHP?
415 RWHP?
433 RWHP?
451 RWHP?

See? I could keep adding numbers and each increase raises the excitement level. But, at the same time increases the disappointment of the lesser potential numbers.

In fact, I'd argue that just randomly typing numbers as I did, ALREADY opens the bag of worms. Lol

I'll delete this post if it causes the least anxiety. ;)

1061 - 1080 of 1104 Posts
About this Discussion
1.1K Replies
50 Participants
TX-Ripper
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing