F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1,121 - 1,140 of 2,323 Posts
Discussion starter · #2,239 ·
Got out tonight and put about 200kms on the truck. It is running excellent!

I grabbed a log for MPT and sent it off. I think we are near the end of tuning on 91 and I look forward to jumping to 93/94. It was warmer out, so running a little less timing (settling at 10* at the end of a 3rd WOT Pull) and boost is bang on at 21.5 psi.

Also a big thanks to @looqw coming down last night to help me work on the truck. He saved my sanity a couple of times.

Discussion starter · #2,243 · (Edited)
The truck got a quick clean up. Nothing crazy, but it had some lingering winter dirt that needed some attention.

Interior was vacuumed out, mats cleaned with some APC, glass cleaned and some light dressing applied.

Exterior was a basic waterless wash (just cleaned it a few days ago), meguiars clay bar with ONR as clay lube, a couple spots hit by hand with M105 and M205 and then hit with a fast over the counter sealant. I’m going to need to do some touch ups and proper paint correction before I bother with a ceramic coating. Trim was hit with some exterior dressing.

Also got my custom RokBloks put on, very happy with how they turned out. Just a little longer than the originals and will protect the truck and my trailer much better.

Some of the products used
Bottle Plastic bottle Shelving Gas Drink

Some clean pics
Vehicle Car Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Vehicle

Wheel Cloud Tire Sky Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design

Car Vehicle Car seat cover Motor vehicle Automotive design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #2,254 ·
Hi, I think I may have to take you up on the offer for that spare pipe. I do not have direct message permission on this forum, so what's the best way to contact you without totally doxing ourselves here on the interweb? sorry to use this thread like this....
I'm not sure what the post-minimum is to be able to message, but I think it's less than 10.

Sorry to say though, but I may be making use of it and switching to a TS BOV.

Discussion starter · #2,258 ·
I think I may have found the source of the oil leak. One of the oil lines running to the oil cooler is definitely leaking. I tried to snug it up a little, but still dripping slowly after a short drive. I've ordered a new fitting and line and hoping I can get it swapped in this weekend. The other end of the line is a little tricky to get to, so it may take some work to get off.

Otherwise, v7 logged for MPT and awaiting feedback. Gotta be close to swapping to 93/94 soon.

Discussion starter · #2,261 · (Edited)
Swapped out the leaking AN line going to the oil cooler. I also did a check and found that the stock PCV valve on the passenger side was leaking, allowing boost to pressurize the block. I put the catch can back on until I decide if I want to take it off again or not.

View attachment 188262

Discussion starter · #2,263 ·
Couple of small updates. I am on v10 with MPT for 91 and pretty sure that it's good to go. Mike is reviewing the last log and can let me know how he feels. Then it's onto 93!

I've also ordered up TurboSmart WG's to replace the "OEM" ones I have currently as well as a new diaphragm for my TIAL BOV. It's been on the truck for nearly 7 years, I think it deserves a little freshen up.

The truck towed the trailer out to the off-road area on Monday and did great!

Discussion starter · #2,269 ·
Yesterday was a bit of a whirlwind, lol. I started out by getting into the DP swap and found that the DP's needed a little welding, as there was a leak around one of the O2 bungs. So in order for me to have wheels to get the DP's welded up, I had to swap out the blown turbo (I blew it last weekend towing on a performance tune) on the F350. So swapped the turbo, got the DP's welded and now I have to get my truck back together. Should be able to wrap it up after work today.

Oh, I have a all weekend camping trip with my Boy's Scout Troop this weekend, so I wanted to get this done ASAP.

Discussion starter · #2,271 ·
Truck is all back together and good to go.

The DPs made a very noticeable difference on spool and oddly enough seem to have help with Timing on the top end. I’m assuming it’s due to less back pressure? Not sure.

I also tackled the BOV. While ordering some other parts from Summit, I noticed that they had a house brand BOV that looked a lot like my Tial BOV. It was only $70 so I ordered it up.

It looks identical, so I used some bits to rebuild my Tial and it is back up to snuff.

Discussion starter · #2,273 ·
Always impressed. Both ends and the middle, somehow still burning
It does help a little bit that work is a little slower than normal at the moment. I work from home and can actually take a lunch these days, so I take my lunch "to go" in the garage, lol.

It's amazing what you can accomplish in an hour when you've done something at least a 20 times, lol.

1,121 - 1,140 of 2,323 Posts