F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1141 - 1158 of 1158 Posts

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
How's the sound quality with the new speakers? Did you add any amps to it too? Upgrading the sub?

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,142
How's the sound quality with the new speakers? Did you add any amps to it too? Upgrading the sub?
A nice, but moderate improvement in sound quality. The sound deadening has also help with road noise, which is good.

The plan is to get the Sync 3 head unit in next. It will probably be a few months, but I would like to put in a 4 channel amp to match the RMS rating of the new speakers and then call it done.

I put in the Kicker “Subgate” upgrade a few years ago and should be well balanced for the rest of the audio upgrades.

Pics from the work last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,539 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,145
With a little added boost, we are seeing a peak of 20*. Before, peak was 20.5*.

I should have added RPM. “Lifted” just means when I lifted the throttle at the end of the pull around 6200rpm.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,149
Sync 3 update done. It may just be me, but there seems to be some kind of improvement with the sound processor. Sirius sounds considerably better.

I thought this unit had Nav, but I guess not. Not a big deal, but I know I’ll have to “fix” it so it matches the factory features that came with the truck.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Sync 3 is the best thing since sliced bread. I’m having some issues with Amazon music but i suspect it’s due to the cable I’m using. Other than that i can’t say enough about it. Voice recognition and velocity is far superior than the previous versions.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
25,000 km on the RMB motor!

At first I thought 17.7 MPG and was shocked but I did the conversion and realized it wasn’t so great

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Loving the updates Ryan. Keep it up!

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,153
Sync 3 is the best thing since sliced bread. I’m having some issues with Amazon music but i suspect it’s due to the cable I’m using. Other than that i can’t say enough about it. Voice recognition and velocity is far superior than the previous versions.

Yeah, I’m really liking it so far. I just wish you could pick what you want on the home screen. Voice recognition is WAY better and Apple play seems to work pretty well.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,155
At first I thought 17.7 MPG and was shocked but I did the conversion and realized it wasn’t so great

The last few weeks have just been it either sitting, getting moved to do something with it or Datalogging. Nothing too conducive to MPG. 30% Ethanol ain’t helping either

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
What are KMs????

Hope you figure out the nav. I opted to not do it, it wont stay updated by Ford anyways. Easier to just use Google when needed.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,158
What are KMs????

Hope you figure out the nav. I opted to not do it, it wont stay updated by Ford anyways. Easier to just use Google when needed.
KM’s x .623 = Miles.

I agree that keeping the Nav updated is a PITA, but I don’t want to “loose” any factory options with my upgrades. I also have a Garmin Rhino that I use for exploration, but it’s nice to have in vehicle Nav when there is no cell service, which is pretty often for me on road trips.

The wreckers I grabbed this unit from said they would straight up swap for a APIM with Nav, so I just need to find some time.

1141 - 1158 of 1158 Posts